Methods is recruiting for a Website Designer to join our team on a contract basis.
Contract Length: 6-8 weeks initially
Since our establishment in 1990, Methods has partnered with a range of central government departments and agencies to transform the way the public sector operates in the UK. Our mission is to help safeguard public-facing services and apply digital thinking to make sure the future of our public services is centred around our citizens. We are strongly focused on modernising organisations for the digital age, helping our clients unleash the power of digital.
We believe in working with a human touch which sets us apart from other consultancies, system integrators and software houses. We do not focus solely on profits or targets; we have a customer-centric value system and focus on doing what is right for our clients.
This is a new role that is important to supporting a key client to develop a public facing web platform.
The Designer will:
- Deliver design artefacts for the prototype, based on user testing
- Work with the team to establish a visual language & Portal identity that will stand out but align with the corporate brand guidelines
- Build out style guides & a design system that will allow us to maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the Portal long-term
- Strategise, sketch and explore new designs in close collaboration with the UX team
- Work closely with the developer to develop the prototype to bring concepts to life
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to enhance the look and feel of reports for use with clients and within the business
Ideal candidates will be:
- Degree educated with a 2.1 in a design related field or relevant work experience
- Demonstrable experience of designing complex web services
- Industry experience with a level of familiarity with basic business concepts and/or technology is desirable
- Creative and innovative in approach to design
- Great attention to detail with a keen eye for graphics and consistent branding
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpretation skills to understand technical content and create visual representations
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Any public sector experience is a bonus
Good day rate