Clinical Pharmacist Patient Care
UnitedHealth GroupFull time
Title: Clinical Pharmacist Patient Care – Telecommute Nationwide
Location: United States
Division: Optum HouseCalls MedAdhRX Mgmt
Contest Number: 888697
Function: Clinical Pharmacy-Patient Care
Business Segment: ECS – Care Services
Region: North America
Country: United States
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Overtime Status: Exempt
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we utilize the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices, or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.
The Clinical Stars Team provides a variety of services including UnitedHealthCare at Home (UAH) strategic Medication Adherence outreach initiatives and Care of Older Adults (COA) medication reviews and health assessments. The team also supports CCM providers via a clinical consultation service. All services are provided by a team of Clinical Pharmacists, with the support of Pharmacy Technicians, that engage with plan members and their healthcare providers in a telephonic environment.
The Clinical Pharmacist will report to the Clinical Team Manager (CTM) within the Optum Enterprise Care Services department. The primary responsibility of the Clinical Pharmacist will be to perform clinical consults via telephone with members served by the UAH program and provide clinical consultations such as optimizing medication therapy, adherence counseling, drug interaction screening, and disease state counseling for diabetes and hypercholesterolemia. The Clinical Pharmacist will be an integral part of a team of Clinicians of varying disciplines and will be expected to meet or exceed established productivity, quality, and health literacy metrics as well as stay engaged throughout the process, helping the department reach the yearly goals together as a team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct medication consults with members telephonically that meet/exceed both internal and external quality metrics for UAH and COA
- Provide support to Advanced Practice Clinicians (APC’s) in the field via telephonic clinical consultation
- Implementing a health literate member-centric approach within all clinical consults performed
- Participating and engaging on a team of other clinicians both in person and virtually
- Meet or exceed established production metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Meet or exceed established quality and health literacy metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Conducting various additional campaigns throughout the year based on the needs of the business, which will be assigned by the CTM
- Actively participating in coaching sessions in order to both improve and maintain clinical interaction skills and overall performance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years Clinical Pharmacy Practice experience
- Active, unrestricted pharmacy license
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree or Equivalent Experience
- 1+ years Call Center Experience
- Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin/Cantonese, Korean, or Vietnamese
- Active, unrestricted pharmacy license in one of the states considered as Restricted (ID, KY, LA, MD, OR, TN, MD)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Post Graduate Training (Pharmacy Residency and/or Fellowship)
- Experience with Medicare STARs & HEDIS Measures
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS)
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist
- MBA/MPH Degree
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
*All telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy