Technical Account Manager
iland Secure CloudFull time
iland is looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to be the principal technical advisor to key, enterprise-level customers. In this role you will act as the quarterback, or technical liaison, between internal iland teams and the customer and be the voice of the customer within the company.
This is not a sales role. However, you may identify opportunities to sell other services to customers based on your knowledge of their environments and technical roadmaps.
You will help craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of iland cloud services. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent iland within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior leadership regarding incidents, trade-offs, support and risk management. You will provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using best practices and proactively keep customer iland cloud environments operationally healthy. The close relationships developed with your customers will allow you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges and help them achieve the greatest value from iland. The TAM is the centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers.
- Take complete ownership and accountability of all technical-facing activities between iland and the customer
- Manage a list of project action items between companies; track and document support issues, projects and technical interactions
- Gain technical familiarity with customer applications and services running in iland’s cloud
- Act as primary escalation point to help quarterback customer-related issues to resolution
- Ensure iland activities meet our SLA promises to customers
- Ensure we are adhering to iland and customers’ change control and compliance definitions
- Provide or coordinate training and mentoring around iland’s cloud ecosystem to customers
- Be a conduit between customers and product and service developers by providing customer feedback and insights about the effectiveness of the services provided
- Ensure that system updates and maintenance don't lead to unexpected issues for assigned customers
- Identify client needs and inform the client about updates or upgrades that may be beneficial to them
- Produce reports about the status of a client's system or products, how effectively they are working, and any other action items between teams to stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Provide feedback in relation to continuous improvement
- All other duties assigned
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- University degree in a technical discipline
- 10+ years experience as a technical, hands-on, enterprise virtualization administrator, global network operator or technical architect
- 3+ years in an enterprise-focused TAM role
- Enterprise customer-facing technical support experience required
- Must have VMware certifications, networking experience, Microsoft Operating systems, databases. Experience in DR and backups strongly desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong customer service skills and strong communication skills
- Analytical skills are required to be able to assess technical issues and identify the source of problems
- Problem-solving skills in order to be able to resolve technical issues.
- Ability to train customers to use systems and software.
- Experience communicating with Director and C level customers.
- Excellent communicator, team player, high energy, and positive attitude.
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to travel 10% or more as needed
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- VMware VCAP/VCDX/VCIX certified
- Experience working with global data center environments
- Extensive Microsoft and Linux OS administrative experience
- Software defined networking including, i.e. VMware NSX
- Extensive experience with LAN, WAN, and Internet routing protocols and design
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Stock Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Extensive Training
iland has been in business for 25 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, Europe, Australia, and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Disaster Recovery as a Service Leader: 2016-2019
- Zerto Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- Veeam Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- The Forrester Wave Top DR-as-a-Service Providers: Q1 2014
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin’ Cloud 100: 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013
- Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider (Cisco Powered)
- VMware Global Service Provider Partner (VSPP) of the Year: 2010-2012