Senior Web Designer and Developer
Senior Web Designer & Developer, Multiple Countries
- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
- Cloud (Akka Serverless)
Lightbend is seeking a Senior Web Designer & Developer to design and implement the UI & UX, including data visualizations for Lightbend Akka Serverless platform for our customers—who are building and deploying the next generation stateful serverless applications.
As a Designer on the Akka Serverless team, you will be contributing to the visual, user facing parts of the product. You will ensure that the consumers of the platform: developers, and managers, are able to work smoothly and enjoy working with the platform. You will also be working closely with our User & Developer Experience staff, other web developers, and end users to validate and improve the user experience.
- Design and structure graphical web-based UIs, conduct UI/UX evaluations with end-users
- Create and maintain visual assets, web-browser compatibility
- Ensure a consistent look and feel (cross-browser & “responsive”)
- Participate in on-call rotation for the product
Candidates can potentially live anywhere, as this is a fully remote position.
The scope of services required will be broad and will include responsibilities outlined above. Of course, these duties and the reporting relationship may change as the Company evolves over time to best meet the needs of its clients. You should be both creative and end-user oriented with the following qualifications and experience:
- A creative personality, and passionate about UI & UX
- 5+ years in the software development industry
- 5+ years of web design & development
- Excellent skills in interaction design
- Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Data visualization
- Reactive Programming (RxJS)
- Functional programming (immutability, sums, and products)
- Accessibility design
- Material UI
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies Self-sufficient and creative
- Copes well with working under time pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
What we offer:
Lightbend is a welcoming, transparent, and highly distributed company dedicated to creating high-performance systems that bring success to all who use them. With a strong focus on work-life balance, our company offers a fast-paced, collaborative environment mixed with challenging and engaging work. This combination has attracted and retained some of the brightest minds in our technology communities.
Lightbend is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.