Senior QA Manual Tester
EZ TextingFull time
Senior QA Manual Tester
- Department: Engineering
- Location: Remote
Who We Are
EZ Texting is the #1 text communications technology company delivering fast, easy, and effective solutions for businesses across a wide variety of industries. Dreamers first, we are at the forefront of revolutionizing the way businesses communicate with their customers and believe personal relationships can transform an organization’s ability to grow.
Our employees are our greatest strength. We’re expanding quickly and scaling our teams to help accelerate growth while remaining committed to hiring exceptional, values-aligned talent. We have consistently been rated a Top 100 workplace and are committed to being a best-in-class employer for remote work — with benefits to match!
We are open to hire in CA, GA, NY, OR, TX & WA, but welcome top applicants nationwide as we expand our operating boundaries.
EZ Texting has an immediate, full-time opening on our QA team. You will be working with a small team of developers focused on building features to bring our industry-leading products to enterprise customers.
- Responsible for leading the testing efforts of a feature area, and reporting status to stakeholders.
- You will be the senior tester on an Agile squad, with 1 – 2 junior testers.
- Collaborate with developers, UX, and Product Owners to establish the complexity, and time estimates of sprint tasks.
- Build and execute comprehensive test plans from functional requirements.
- Create new test cases, and identify which should be automated.
- Collaborate with our QA Automation Engineers to automate regression tests.
- Execute automated regression suite, and assist in analyzing results.
- Manual testing of front-end, API, and back-end layers.
- Write accurate, concise bug reports.
- Proactively communicate risks.
- Participate in code deployments.
- Work with local and offshore teams.
- Mentor junior QA testers to help grow their careers, and build the capabilities of our team.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and evolution of QA at EZ Texting.
- 5+ years of manual testing large-scale web applications
- 2+ years leading the testing of a feature area/product.
- Thorough knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Hands-on experience testing REST APIs with tools such as Postman or PAW.
- Experience executing, maintaining, and / or creating automated tests.
- Familiarity with relational databases, such as Postgres or MySQL
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar bug tracking tools
- Some programming knowledge; especially Java.
- Hands-on experience developing automation with Selenium or similar.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum processes.
- Experience working with off-shore QA Teams.
- Experience collaborating with teams remotely.
Benefits available to EZ Texting team members include, but are not limited to:
- 100% paid medical, vision, dental and life insurance for self (generous coverage for families)
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and unlimited sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Annual personalized learning reimbursement
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
- Remote-work optimization benefits including:
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly flexible remote work stipend, including DoorDash subscription
- Annual home office enhancement stipend
- Direct-billing ordering for supplies
EZ Texting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.