Windows Developer - C#, Cyber Security
NominetFull time windows c# tcp-ip winapi
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, DNS, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
windows, c#, tcp-ip, winapi
Main Job Purpose:
We are looking for a Software Developer (C#) with experience of designing and crafting high quality applications on the Windows platforms - someone who flourishes on solving challenging problems in a dynamic environment. You will work on a strategic piece of software for our Cyber Security platform and produce robust, ground breaking applications used to secure, manage and detect cyber security events manifesting amongst billions of DNS queries.
You will have excellent knowledge of the Windows Operating system with particular focus on TCP/IP networking which you will use to build scaleable applications installed on Windows clients.
- Take ownership of the development of the look and feel of the web-based components of Nominet’s NTX platform.
- Maintain excellent standards across the code base.
- Monitor the technology platform closely, ensuring that obsolete libraries are deprecated and new technologies are adopted where appropriate.
- Convert designs into tickets in the product backlog with accurate estimates of effort.
- Work with the team to design efficient, simple, high performance, user interfaces.
- Establish relationships with other employees/key stakeholders and work in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for Nominet’s customers.
- Experience using C# to build TCP/IP networking applications on Windows
- Experience using Windows Networking APIs for client applications running on Windows platforms
- Experience building scalable applications that have been installed on windows clients in production
- Superb attention to detail
- A keen interest in how client applications are developed and deployed across many types of devices