BlaBlaCarFull time kubernetes istio docker google-cloud-platform sysadmin
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Information Technology, Network Engineering, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: VC Funded
kubernetes, istio, docker, google-cloud-platform, sysadmin
Why join us?
By joining our Foundations team, you will be working alongside talented individuals grouped in small agile teams. The Foundations Team is composed of 4 squads: Core Infrastructure, Database Reliability, Engineering Productivity and Site Reliability Engineering. Together they offer what we call the Software Factory, a portfolio of services helping BlaBlacar products to offer more services to its members reliably and fast.
The Core Infrastructure team (aka Core-Infra) is responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Network) and core services such as Kubernetes and Istio. The team helps BlaBlacar engineering to be efficient and confident in the way they leverage the infrastructure resources. To be able to maintain our growing infrastructure, infrastructure-as-code and automation are at the core of everything we develop.
Our technical stack is composed of:
- Infra: Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Automation: Terraform, Helm
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana,
- Logging: Elasticsearch
- CI/CD: Git, Jenkins, Flux
- Languages: Php, Java, Python, Golang
What you will directly contribute to:
- Maintain the infrastructure stack up to date
- Operations of CoreInfra services (Kubernetes, Istio…)
- Study and develop new services with BlaBlaCar engineering to make the best use of the infrastructure.
What you will need to be successful?
- Solid knowledge on system and network troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience on Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with an automation framework
- Fluent in English, French is a plus (other languages are appreciated).
Nice to have:
- Experience with a service-mesh
- Development skills in Golang
- Good knowledge in Network (BGP / VPN…)
Additional Information A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as possible!
- Location: Paris HQ or full-remote (from France)
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong “Fun & Serious” company culture
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kyiv, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw)
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we’re all up to date with where our product stands
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling and bus rides to live our value “Be The Member”.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend every 18 months
- Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap)