Director, Chapter Relationship Leader
Make-A-Wish FoundationFull time
Director, Chapter Relationship Leader
- Chapter Advancement
This is a key role intended to advance and deepen relationships; build increased understanding; enhance Chapter and organizational performance; and increase effectiveness across Chapters and the National Office. This role is also critical in the execution of proactive strategies to identifying opportunities for Chapter performance enhancements in advance of the assignment of enhanced support, and lead the appropriate solutioning.
The Director, Chapter Relationship Leader, working with the Chapter CEO and Chapter Board, will be responsible for ensuring the execution of the enterprise strategy across the extended network. This role will oversee and/or ensure collaboration across National Office and Chapter initiatives which strengthen relationships, create awareness and build effectiveness to achieve our mission. The Director, Chapter Relationship Leader will play a critical role in the development and implementation of strategies and tactics that support Chapter success and performance in moving from good to great.
The incumbent will be a bold thinker and a strategic yet ‘hands-on’ collaborator and executor, leading best-in-class service and support to Chapters and Chapter Boards, and actively leading performance enhancement.
The Director, Chapter Relationship Leader will be an influential thought leader who will work closely across the federated network of Chapters by applying a comprehensive, highly collaborative and quantitative approach to lead, plan and execute organization-wide solutions and best practice sharing.
Candidates will be skilled at building and sustaining excellent relationships at multiple levels with varied stakeholders including Chapter Board of Directors: Chapter CEOs and senior leaders; National Office Senior Leadership Team, National Office Directors and other functional leaders as required. They will demonstrate a motivating approach to building collaboration and buy-in and generating support from stakeholders. They will be able to establish rapport and open communication with all constituents and successfully convey objectives and necessary actions. They will have a strong working relationship with key leaders, both internally and externally, and will be a proactive communicator at all times.
Knowledge and Abilities:
The incumbent will possess and leverage the following knowledge and abilities to be effective in the role of Director, Chapter Relationship Leader:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with an ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and with Board leaders/members
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address conflict and lead to resolution
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship building skills to influence and enhance working relationships with Chapter CEOs, staff, and boards
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive decisions without direct authority
- Demonstrated ability to build capabilities and drive to higher levels of performance
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence through change
Leading and Influencing
Demonstrate an approachable leadership style to support and enable a culture of collaboration among the National Office and the Chapters. This includes leading with credibility, both internally and externally, offering creative, yet practical, ideas to achieve the strategic direction of both the team and the overall organization.
In partnership with the VP Chapter Advancement, the VP Mission Advancement and the Chapter CEOs, set and articulate the vision and strategy for enhancements, including proactive performance enhancements, while support existing initiatives and processes.
Services and Solutions
Identify potential best practices, tools and resources to build Chapter success across key areas of opportunity including leadership and staff development, succession planning and talent management, application of external and chapter best practices, and delivery of Chapter board resources and tools.
Data Analysis and Application
Build recommendations and influence decisions through the use of data and data analysis.
Build individual and organizational capabilities, improve cross-organizational connections, and enhance identification and leveraging of core talent.
Build trust and confidence across Chapters and the National Office while increasing organizational alignment and understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in non-profit organization/environment preferred
- Prior experience in chapter leadership preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required, including demonstrated expertise in Word and Excel
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets