Senior DevOps Engineer
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL’s DevOps team is looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing organization.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for general tasks on enterprise systems including VPN configurations, system monitoring, release management, securing infrastructure and database services, and launching and configuring of services within the platform.
You will maintain a focus on protecting infrastructure from security holes, ensuring optimal monitoring of services to prevent downtime, and protecting the integrity of services and data for our customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that wants to take the next step in their DevOps career and wants to work at a fast-paced startup. You will join a talented team who is highly engaged with a lot of work across a wide range of DevOps tools and infrastructure.
- Build and configure Linux driven infrastructure
- Automate deployment process of core infrastructure through development of scripts procedures and processes
- Oversee routine maintenance procedures and perform diagnostic tests
- Deploy AWS services including new networks, services and platforms
- Conform to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity
- Audit existing services for problems in infrastructure with security, configuration or other possible issues
- Complete code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- Expertise with Linux systems tasks such as command line usage, patching, and configuration
- Expertise in a configuration management service such as Puppet, Salt or Ansible
- Expertise in Cloud provisioning platforms including Cloudformation or Terraform
- Software coding and automation development experience with Bash, Python, PHP, Node or similar language, Python preferred
- Expertise in management and development of CI/CD process and tools such as Jenkins
- Expertise with MySQL or PostgreSQL or other database platform
- Expertise in network concepts including TCP, UDP, routing, port assignment and security
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with multi-region AWS or similar Cloud platform
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and has a satellite office in Orange County, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic remote company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
MacBook Pro provided
Unlimited vacation/PTO and a flexible work schedule
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
WELL is dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and express their thoughts and opinions. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.