Online Community Manager
Art With ImpactFull time
Online Community Manager (Remote)
- ART WITH IMPACT
WHO WE ARE
Art With Impact is a nonprofit that promotes mental wellness by creating space for young people to learn and connect through art and media. We serve young people by partnering with post-secondary institutions to offer arts-based workshops designed to raise awareness of various issues related to mental health, increase empathy in campus communities, and reduce the stigma around reaching out for support.
We are hiring an Online Community Manager to be the face and voice of our social media platforms. With a heavy emphasis on both the “social” and the “media,” this person will be part community builder, part content creator and will be charged with dreaming up and implementing meaningful virtual spaces to engage with the people we serve in the digital world and creating compelling content that illustrates our passion to co-create an arts-infused, stigma-free, mentally-well future. This is a new position within the organization.
WHO YOU ARE
You love connecting with humans. You find inspiration and purpose in discovering all the beauty others have to offer. You are a strategic, creative, and tech-savvy thinker excited to concoct myriad ways to foster genuine relationships with our stakeholders through the web. You understand that learning is a process and you embrace the flexibility required to learn what works and what doesn’t. Most importantly, you are someone who loves creating art, exploring mental health, and building authentic relationships with beautiful human beings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The outcomes of this role are:
- An interconnected online community of people supporting each others’ mental wellness through creativity.
- A regular stream of content that draws new people into this community.
While we are looking for someone with the background and imagination to spearhead this tall order, some of what that might look like includes:
In this new world we find ourselves living in, Art With Impact wants to connect with and grow our online community—one relationship at a time—through virtual, arts-based experiences and forums that encourage conversation around mental health, and offer a sense of community to young people, some of whom may identify as living with mental illnesses. Some of your job responsibilities will be to:
- Utilize arts-based discussion techniques through digital tools and discussion groups to foster human-to-human connections and spark meaningful conversations around mental health.
- Moderate and enforce our virtual community guidelines, creating a brave environment where college students can share their mental health experiences through the lens of art.
- Regularly interface with our followers (students, artists, MH advocates, prospective workshop hosts, etc.) through DMs, responding to questions and, often, validating folks as they share their personal mental health stories and directing them to appropriate resources.
- Scout, contact, and maintain relationships with influencers, organizations, and those within the social sphere who are connected to mental health and may potentially lead to partnerships and thought leadership opportunities.
You will manage the day-to-day of AWI’s social media channels—ideating, creating, and publishing original and inspiring material at the intersection of art and mental health, so we can reach more young people and artists with our mission.
- Shape and drive the social media content creation process, creating compelling visual media that results in positive, active engagement from our followers.
- Curate and feature a collection of online content that highlights artwork + artists, ideas, research, and storytelling related to mental health.
- Maintain a content calendar that consistently and strategically publishes delivery of both created and curated digital collateral.
- Stay abreast of and incorporate topics related to mental health and mental illness, including stigma, racial and social justice, sexual violence, suicide prevention, wellness resources, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in Psychology, Art, Marketing, Communications, or related field, and a minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience.
- A history of cultivating robust online communities with a diverse set of stakeholders, ideally as part of an organization advancing social justice.
- Background in a visual artform such as graphic design, videography, typography, writing, or photography, and a portfolio of work to support it. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Lived and / or professional experience with mental illness and maintaining mental wellness.
- A strong passion for and working knowledge of the mental health landscape among college students.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills addressing sensitive and complex subject matter around racial and social justice; an ability to hold collective spaces for individual experiences, while employing cultural humility and person-first language.
We value an inclusive culture and work with a great diversity of students and stakeholders, and therefore are looking for applicants who can reflect some of the identities of those we serve. People of color, people with disabilities, first generation college students, LGBTQIA+, and immigrants to the United States are especially encouraged to apply.
We are a scrappy, innovative, results-driven organization, and we’re looking for someone who is able to work independently and virtually, while managing their time well and keeping team members up to date on progress.
This is a part-time position to June 1, 2021, working up to 20 hours per week at $25 per hour. After June 2021 there is the possibility of extension.
You will work from home with weekly video meetings with the Managing Director and other team members as needed.