Technical Writer, Education
Amplified ITFull time
Title: Technical Writer, Education (Remote)
- Location: Remote-US
- Job Type: Full-Time
Amplified IT is looking for a Technical Content Writer on our Delivery team reporting into the Logistical Lead. In this position, you will create easy-to-understand customer content to increase product clarity, performance, and usability. Our customer base varies in degree of technical aptitude so the ideal candidate will be able to communicate both to highly technical and non-technical users. This candidate will be passionate about technology and education, championing the best practices of content creation and infusing technical documentation along-side our teams.
Amplified IT is a multi-award winning education-technology consultancy. We’re proud to say that we currently work with over 4,000 districts; including 10 of the 15 largest in North America. Our success comes down to our team, products and the way we work: in short we know Google and we know Education.
At Amplified IT, we believe diverse teams work smarter, have more fun on the job, and empathize better with the needs of schools. When we hire, evaluate, reward, and promote, we strive to ensure each person is judged as an individual on the merits of their unique contributions to the work, as free as possible from bias or discrimination.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content such as customer onboarding, training resources, help topics, blog posts, etc.
- Work with internal teams or key members to understand product documentation requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, user tutorials and documentation for G Suite adminstrators and end-users of our tools.
- Work with Product Development and Customer Success leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for compilation and centralized storage
- Develop technical content for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Write technical guides answering common questions and describing key functionality in an engaging, easy to understand way.
- Translate the latest updates in our products and the Google space into feature articles that explain the changes and the impact they’ll have.
- Work with schools and partners to create case studies that explore how Amplified IT has helped them transform the way they educate
- 3+ years’ technology/education industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and translate into informative, easy to understand content
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong understanding of G Suite
Nice to Have:
- You have previously worked effectively with remote, distributed teams
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Previous software development experience
What can Amplified IT do for you?
- Mission driven culture focused on improving technology access in K-12 schools in North America
- Flexible working hours to support work-life balance
- Market competitive rates and benefits including healthcare, dental and FSA
- 401k with a 4% Company Match
- Professional and personal development stipends
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Opportunity to join dynamic, fast growth-stage company
At this time, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this position.