Medical Disability Exam Reviewer Registered Nurse
UnitedHealth GroupFull time
Title: Medical Disability Exam Reviewer RN
Location: La Crosse Wisconsin United States
- Division:Logistics Health Inc
- Contest Number: 889831
- Family: Nursing
- Function: Clinical Claims Review
- BusinessSegment: OptumCare
- Region: North America
- Country: United States
- City: La Crosse
- State: Wisconsin
- JobLevel:Individual Contributor
- Shift:Day Job
- Overtime Status:Non-exempt
- TelecommuterPosition: Yes
Let’s face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealthcare, part of the UntiedHealth Group family of businesses.
- As a Preservice Review Nurse, you can put your skills and talents to work, reviewing cases with treating physicians and other health care professionals to ensure our members receive the proper health services.
- This is a multifaceted role that is highly rewarding as your work is helping people live healthier lives.
- Serve as a medical professional to evaluate and provide a clear, comprehensive and concise review of Medical Disability claims.
- Serve as a point of contact and resource for the VA Clinical Operations Department and communicate with internal and external entities.
- Provide Practitioner review and education to facilitate the highest quality completion of Medical Disability claims as possible.
- You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) program
- Current and unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
- A minimum of 2 years RN clinical experience
- Current license or able to obtain RN licensure in the state of Wisconsin or a compact state
- Knowledge and prior performance of VA Compensation and Pension Examinations
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy as well as the ability to demonstrate organizational skills and multi-tasking
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified VA Compensation and Pension Examiner
- Experience with VA Compensation and Pension disability evaluations with a knowledge of VA quality and timeliness measures
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs
- Previous military experience
- Military and/or veteran healthcare experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy