Director of Research
Faith In Action / PICO National NetworkFull time
Director of Research
- Department: FAITH IN ACTION
- Location: Remote
- Job Code: 601
Who We Are:
Faith in Action is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years Faith in Action has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 60 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives.
Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protect their homes from foreclosure and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 18 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to help with citizenship for 11 million aspiring Americans, end mass-incarceration and make sure that no one is excluded from the benefits of health reform.
Faith in Action has taken up the mantle of creating a new research agenda. The purpose of this research agenda is to accomplish two complementary goals:
- Center race and racial justice in civic engagement and advocacy by supporting and elevating relational organizing approaches developed by organizers of color, in particular women of color in their network, with funding, program support and a fair, inclusive environment.
- Support narrative and policy change that reduces mass incarceration, supports immigration, increases fair housing, promotes fair wages, and improves the quality of life for families first and worst affected across race, gender and economic status.
To support this work, Faith in Action seeks a Director of Research to supervise and implement its new agenda.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This Director of Research will join the organization full-time as a two-year fellow and is responsible for the following:
- Develop and validate research designs using survey, experimental, program and other observational data to solve common obstacles for organizers especially those related to audience understanding.
- Streamline and standardize data collection and processing across states with the capacity to collect data in collaboration with the National Political Data and Targeting Director and the Movement Cooperative.
- Create research deliverables that contain visuals that explain complex research methodologies and findings into digestable information that organizers can use in the field.
- Collaborate with external partners to embed research into programs in the states that test whether we’re moving target audiences and influencing policy
- Provide one-on-one coaching to those states that need additional program and data support to create a culture and infrastructure to collect, analyze and interpret data and research.
- Identify and train an apprentice to assume the aforementioned responsibilities as Research Director at the end of the two-year period.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $90,000/year
- Full benefits
- Work from home
- Access to STATA for two-year appointment