Director of Sales
- OAKLAND, CA OR REMOTE /
- SALES /
Ditto makes eyewear personal and accessible. We empower people to see the best version of themselves. Ditto is redefining the eyewear shopping experience to make it simple, personal and little bit magical.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 50M users a year around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers. We are hiring a team-minded, ambitious, and experienced Director of Sales to help lead our next chapter of growth.
You will be a pivotal part of building and managing this team as well as directly selling key accounts. You excel with a consultative, data-driven sales approach and have a track record of growing sales and exceeding annual quotas. You understand how to define a systematic and repeatable sales process and are flexible enough to revise as you learn. You enjoy working with Account Executives through the details of deals and providing the coaching for them to succeed and grow.
This is an opportunity to have a huge impact. It’s a highly visible role as a member of the management team and requires collaboration across all teams in the company. You will work closely with the entire executive team and report directly to the CEO.
This role can be 100% remote.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, MBA preferred. (Ditto recognizes that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training
- 8+ years of experience selling enterprise software / SaaS solutions to technical and C-suite buyers (experience selling to retailers is a plus)
- You are excited to sell high-profile, large, complex accounts directly. This will include international travel.
- You have managed and grown a dynamic sales team and empowered them to close new deals and upsell existing clients.
- You are a systematic critical thinker and can define and implement systems that work, including both external sales methodologies and internal operations.
- You are comfortable leading sales tactics and efforts to maximize the revenue per lead, including creation of sales collateral, pitch scripts, nurturing sequences and anything needed to ensure your team can work as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- You pride yourself on winning, you excel at negotiations, and you enjoy attending sales meetings and events globally
- You can demonstrate times when you had to get buy-in across functions for new product features that help your team sell.
- You are curious and dig deep to understand complex products so you can be ready to answer questions that might surface and add value to the product roadmap based on your team’s experience on the frontlines
- You love developing talent and can provide leadership to all employees in the sales organization including hiring, training, leading, developing and mentoring each teammate
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
- People love working with and for you and you are a great coach
- You describe yourself as passionate, adaptive, resilient, and positive
- You have a point of view but are low ego
Ditto is a post-Series B, venture-backed technology company with 50 wonderful full-time employees. We are based in the Bay Area and are shifting towards remote working in light of a growing global client base and Covid-19.
We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, physicists and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision/machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We celebrate what makes us each unique and believe that when experienced people of diverse talents, backgrounds and opinions are inspired to come together, greatness occurs. We are built on trust which combines being authentic, credible and reliable. We love passionate people with a zest for life and an adaptable, positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
We enable team members to work remotely or from our amazing office space at the 19th Street BART stop in Oakland, CA if you are local. We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, and a 401K. We care a lot about doing the little things well and work hard to build a strong team culture. Since moving to remote work this year, we have translated the team activities into online happy hours, trivia, Zoom pictionary and are trying to be creative to build strong relationships amongst remote team members. Post-Covid, we plan to get the whole team together twice a year and support smaller group meetings in person where they make sense.