Senior Project Manager
Designed by Analysts but built for the entire team (Security Operations, Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, and Security Leadership), ThreatConnect’s Intelligence-driven Security Operations Platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) or Security, Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
ThreatConnect is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Engineering Team. You will be hands-on and knee-deep in product details and requirements. As Senior Project Manager, you’ll challenge yourself to innovate and strategize efficiencies and build relationships to achieve results. As a new member of our dynamic team, you will have a rare and rewarding opportunity to impact change in the growing Cybersecurity field.
You are a great communicator. You are comfortable speaking with stakeholders with a variety of backgrounds: Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Writers alike.
You are detail-oriented. You’re the kind of person who won’t just close a tab and say, “that’s probably close enough.” You naturally try to optimize solutions to problems in your life.
You enjoy bringing people together. The team is comprised of individuals with various personalities, different backgrounds, approaches, and different ways of thinking. You should strive to help others celebrate their differences and get everyone working towards a common goal.
You like seeing things get done the right way. A “process” isn’t just a set of checklists and Gantt charts you follow. A by-the-book methodology isn’t a path to success, and you’re able to own and create new ways of working to ensure the entire team feels like the job has been an overall success.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support company objectives in collaboration with: Engineering, Product Management, and stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-team coordination, collaboration, and open communication
- Drive visibility of information to help the team track progress (e.g., capacity planning, feature status, and achieving cycle goals)
- Scrum Master for a software team with a focus on finding efficiencies in how they track and complete projects
- Be a thought-leader and evangelist for agile within the company, building on knowledge and success from previous experiences
- Guide the team towards a culture of full transparency over relevant metrics to all stakeholders
- Contribute to the evolution of the company’s agile practices, processes, and tools
- Work with changing priorities, creatively solve problems, and remediate our process
- Track and coordinate releases in a distributed team environment
- Develop and manage concurrent project plans across multiple teams
- Bridge the gap between methodologies and real-world implementation of methodologies
- Proactively address changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans
- Uncover possible bottlenecks in project delivery and escalate to management when appropriate
In this role, you'll get to...
- Work with Engineering Managers to define and track strategic project initiatives
- Act as the conduit between Engineering and Product Management to communicate progress and improve on a nascent process
- Guide the building of targeted goals for monthly cycle planning
- Communicate blockers and inefficiencies in the process to drive change and improve the team
- Manage the release process using excellent communication skills along with a disciplined approach to timelines
- Reward the wins and help understand the things we can do better
On day 1 we'll expect you to...
- Listen in on planning and cycle meetings to understand team dynamics and culture
- Collect information on our existing process and how we define success
- Ask questions about our process and understand where the needs are for our team
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Know our existing process with an eye for some opportunities for success
- Conduct weekly status meetings between Engineering and Product Management
- Follow along the end-to-end release cycle as we move initiatives through the pipeline.
At 6 months we’ll expect you to...
- Conduct monthly planning meetings for upcoming initiatives
- Own the JIRA tracking process while leaning on Engineering to execute the agile strategy
- Manage release process communications to all stakeholders
- Report on monthly or quarterly efficiency and quality metrics to management
At 12 months we’ll expect you to...
- Perform all of the above with minimal supervision
- Act as the subject matter expert for agile development in the company
- Pioneer practical agile processes for software projects to remove inefficiencies and build success
Perks of the role...
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working in a growing company where processes and team structures are re-evaluated continuously and tweaked amidst an ever-changing business landscape
- Passion and patience for continuous improvement in a practical way
Our team emphasizes...
- Enjoying the thrill of generating a hypothesis with your gut and verifying it with your data
- Taking the time to build things the right way, even if it means spending extra time to break up larger feature sets into smaller units of discrete value
- Earning and respecting autonomy -- with remote teams and a data-centric product, we have to trust that people are working towards a common goal even when we're not on calls together
This job is awesome because…
- You get to work with sharp people from all walks of life, who are intent on building a platform that solves some exciting yet critical problems
- You will be part of a growing company that is successful but still has the DNA of a startup
More about our employees
- Our team is remote and primarily on the East Coast
- Solution agnostic -- we don’t care about who is right, but we all want to find what is right
- Genuinely care about doing what’s best for the customer
- A dynamic group of individuals who feel passionate about the Cybersecurity space
- 5+ years of Engineering Project Management expertise delivering complex projects through a full project lifecycle
- Knowledge of user stories, epics, tasks, and backlog tracking while reporting progress
- Highly motivated self-starter with proficiency in managing competing priorities
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities and demands through analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on cross-functional, interdepartmental project teams
- Excellent communication skills and experience interacting with business and technical individuals at all levels
- Act independently with minimal supervision in a remote environment
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with JIRA and the Google Apps Suite
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company part
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Paid Parental leave
- Paid Bereavement leave
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Pet-insurance available
- Company-paid short term and long-term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Cell phone stipend
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)