Project Manager - Professional Services
Hiring from: Anywhere
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 people in almost 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts
Percona is looking for a Project Manager to join our Professional Services team to work with our global customers, staff, and delivery partners. In this role, you will manage both customer focused projects that meet the technical and business needs of our customers with our database software and services solutions, alongside internal projects. You will coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, schedule and execute distinct projects both on time and within scope and budget. The customer experience will be in your hands as you ensure a smooth implementation that delivers on Percona’s promises.
This is a remote role based in the Americas region. Preference for candidates based in South America. Travel (when safe and permitted) up to 10%. Must be able to work flexible hours across global regions as needed.
What You Will Do
- Create and execute project work plans that include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify which Percona and/or delivery partner resources are needed, and assign tasks and schedule resources accordingly
- Manage project scope and resources needed to successfully deliver customer/stakeholder requirements
- Ensure accurate time recording is completed by resources allocated to projects to enable accurate billing and reporting
- Own the reporting of project revenue, project profitability and revenue forecasting
- Manage day-to-day interactions and expectations with customers and Percona stakeholders, while developing credibility and strong business partner relationships
- Communicate project statuses, risks and issues to all levels of stakeholders, ranging from technical staff to executives
- Ensure hand-off meetings occur between departments in order to meet customer expectations set through various stages of the customer lifecycle
- Manage customer escalations, coordinating with customers and Percona stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Customer Success, senior leadership, etc.)
- Be accountable for implementing and maintaining reliable and repeatable project delivery processes, metrics and operational procedures
- Act as a liaison to subcontractors and/or delivery partners
- Own change control process and ensure project scope creep is mitigated
- Partner with Solutions Engineering to review and revise project statements of work, and participate in pre-sales calls as necessary
- Understand Percona’s pricing model and services costs associated with each project
- Develop a high-level understanding of Percona’s software and supported technologies
- Ensure internally focused projects are delivered on time and within budget, with regular status updates provided to project stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience working as a project manager on technology-based projects
- 3+ years experience managing projects with external customers or clients, preferably enterprise customers
- 3+ years of leading and motivating individual contributors, teams, and mediating conflicts
- 2+ years of project budget/finance/analysis
- Learned best practices in project management - PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) or PRINCE2
- Superior written and verbal English communication skills - you know how to negotiate, as well as communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Familiarity with software and/or database development methodologies
- Experience with Professional Services and/or Managed Services delivery
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or ability to acquire within six months
- ITIL v2/3 Foundations Certification
- Experience leading diverse consulting engagements or customer transitions and transformations including third party vendors, internal, and customer resources
- Experience leading and managing team members
- Proficiency in tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Asana and GoogleDocs
- Willingness to occasionally travel to customer sites
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.
Community BrandsFull time
Project Manager Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our...
Hiring from: Anywhere
Product Manager (Protocol Engineering – Mainnet)
Title: Product Manager (Protocol Engineering – Mainnet) Location: Remote, United States, Canada About the role As a mainnet-focused product manager on the Protocol Engineering team, you will ensure that Hyperledger Besu remains a first-class mainnet client, while still meeting the...
Hiring from: Anywhere
Project Manager, Clinical Home Health
Planet PharmaFull time
Project Manager, Clinical Home Health Job ID: BH320136 Category: Project Manager, Clinical Project Manager Industry: Biotechnology / Healthcare Provider / Pharmaceutical Type: Direct Location: REMOTE Project Manager, Clinical Home Health The Role The main purpose of the Project Manager’s role...
Hiring from: Anywhere