Senior Human Resources Manager
Senior HR Manager (Temp)
REDF (the Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) is a pioneering venture philanthropy accelerating a national movement of employment social enterprises—mission-driven, revenue-generating businesses that help people striving to overcome employment barriers get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. For people with histories of incarceration, homelessness, mental illness, addiction, and young people who are not in school or working, social enterprises provide the paying, transitional jobs and services they need to stabilize their lives, develop a work history, and build skills and condence. When employees are ready, social enterprises help them nd competitive employment.
Research shows this approach works. It leads to greater economic security and mobility and a signicant rate of return to society—$2.23 in benets for every $1 spent.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in 215 social enterprises in 30 states and the District of Columbia. To date, those businesses have earned over $1 billion in revenue and employed over 60,000 people (and counting).
Together with our social enterprise partners, we are working to build a better, more inclusive society where all people have the jobs and support, they need to get ahead—and the pride, purpose, and path to self-sufficiency they deserve.
Position Description: Senior HR Manager (Temporary)
REDF has an opening for a temporary Senior HR Manager, a newly created position needed to lead and manage numerous high impact projects and to oversee and implement process improvements in HR. This position is for three to six months, can be full or part-time, and allows for remote work and flexible scheduling. This position will report to, and partner closely with, the Director of Talent and will also collaborate closely with senior management and staff across the company.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience successfully managing projects through all project management phases, including initiation, planning, launch and execution, monitoring and control, and closing. In addition to exceptional project management and process improvement skills, the ideal candidate will have outstanding analytical skills and business judgement, and will be able to conduct research and analysis, draw conclusions, and make concrete actionable recommendations. The following are examples of projects the successful candidate would be motivated to take on as both a leader and project manager.
- Remote Work – Research, recommend, execute, monitor, and evaluate new activities, policies, and procedures needed to support our employees and our company’s culture during an extended remote work period and pandemic.
- Hiring – Conduct analysis and research, and recommend process improvements for hiring workflows, interviewing, scoring, and candidate communications. Develop and conduct interviewer and hiring manager trainings. Create policies and procedures.
- Onboarding – Research and develop an onboarding program at REDF. Research and implement best practice onboarding activities, policies, and procedures. Evaluate program effectiveness.
- Policies – Research and recommend human resource policies on compensation, benefits, parental leave, performance management, phone and internet reimbursement, etc. Collaborate closely with and develop presentations for senior and executive management. Support decision-making and implementation.
- Systems – Administer, manage, and enhance HR systems and processes including the company intranet, recruiting/hiring software, and other department tools and procedures.
- Compensation – Perform market research, develop compensation strategies, perform and document compensation benchmarking, support hiring managers in determining market compensation, update pay scales, etc.
- Other projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant business experience is required, preferably in human resources
- Excellent understanding of HR systems, processes, trends and best practices
- Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation, and communication skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document via REDF’s applicant portal.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.