Pastry Chef Instructor
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary ArtsFull time
Pastry Chef Instructor
- Fully Remote • Remote Worker – N/A
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is a leading accredited provider of online and campus-based culinary training and education. The school’s professional programs offer the proven combination of a classic and contemporary approach to modern industry skills training as well as a sustainability-centered and business-focused curriculum. Professional programs in Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts are available online and at ground campuses in Austin, Texas, and Boulder, Colorado. Escoffier also offers enthusiast training online and on ground. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fast-paced growth opportunity, we’d like to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.escoffier.edu
Chef Instructors at Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment. They provide education through learner-centered instruction that will enable students to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. They encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, lifelong learning, and ethics, as well as personal and professional development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage all students to facilitate and achieve course learning outcomes
- Customize course shell to add value to students beyond what is covered in the text (e.g. personal experiences, case studies, supplemental readings, etc.);
- Be available to communicate with students and staff during posted office hours;
- Review and assess all work submitted by students and provide timely and substantive video feedback within a minimum of 48 hours of the time of assignment submission; with an allowance for instructor days off.
- Follow the best practice of assessing all submitted work on a daily basis whenever possible;
- Interact with students in all discussion boards, guiding the discussion toward the course outcomes;
- Coach struggling students toward success;
- Identify at risk students and work with Lead Instructor, Student Success Coach to create plans for success;
- Mentor students who are placed on Satisfactory Academic Warning or Probation
- Respond to all student inquiries in accordance with the contact policy;
- Submit final course grades by the Tuesday of the last day of the block no later than 12:00 PM CST;
- Attend scheduled program meetings, in-service workshops and college-wide faculty meetings.
- Relate professional/life/industry experience to learning through professional/technical skills development, introduction of industry perspective into courses, and active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Assist/support the Executive Chef and Lead Instructors on course or program related tasks including work as Subject Matter Experts
- Support the Registrar in maintaining accurate student records
- Support the Student Success Coach Team in the execution of their duties
Education and Experience: Minimum
- Completion of an accredited program in occupational area of instruction plus 3 years of work experience directly related to the occupational industry
- OR 5 years of work experience directly related to the occupational industry.
- Associate in Culinary or Pastry Arts or related field
Education and Experience: Preferred
- 1 year of online teaching experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Strong Written and Verbal Skills
- Facilitation and Presentation Skills
- Strong relationship-building skills, including excellent communication skills among all levels of the organization
- Basic computer literacy
Specialized experience in Food Management, Restaurant Management, Event Management, Supervision, or Food Service Operations
Home office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means and video conference, handle various types of media and equipment.
Reliable, high-speed internet connection.
A separate or distraction free work space is required.