Customer Success Manager
Customer Success Manager
- Location: Remote Remote US
- Customer Experience
- Denver, Colorado, United States
- Full time
Who we are.
We are a small and passionate team working to eliminate inefficiency and financial waste in the world of healthcare staffing. We’re transparent. We’re nimble. We’re always learning. And we’re having a ton of fun along the way.
Why we’re here.
Kamana was born out of the personal frustration one of our founders experienced throughout his nursing career. Having spent more than a decade working in dozens of hospitals across the country, John witnessed first-hand how repetitive processes and inefficient technology results in missed opportunities and financial waste for him and his employers
What we do.
We build customer-centric, feedback-driven software for the healthcare staffing industry. Currently focused on travel nursing and allied health, we enable healthcare workers to manage their credentials and careers from a single place, and staffing agencies to hire and collaborate with the workforce far more efficiently.
Who you are.
You have run customer success and support for B2B/B2C SaaS platforms and have a passion for solving real problems for real people. Alternatively, you have a clinical background and a passion for technology.
In any case, you have a growth mindset, you own your work, and you seek continuous learning in everything you do. You’re patient and empathetic. You like to research and to write. You think critically. And you enjoy creating shortcuts that reduce the need to do the same thing twice.
What you’ll do.
As our first customer experience manager, you will play an instrumental role in helping to define how our CX/CS team operates. Working alongside our co-founder and Director of Customer Experience, you’ll be on the frontlines of support for Kamana’s user base of nurses, allied health professionals, staffing agency end users, and other healthcare employers.
In the short term you will:
- Learn about our product and our users, with the goal of deeply understanding both.
- Learn our current customer success tools and processes, while thinking critically and participating in conversations about how to improve them.
- Investigate and respond to support requests via live chat and email-based ticketing managed via HelpScout. You’ll elevate support requests as needed and oversee their execution.
- Document feature requests, bugs, and other customer/user feedback in our task/product/project management tool, Asana.
In the long term, you will:
- Become an expert on our users and customers, and translate their wants and needs into product and process improvements.
- Form and rapidly test hypotheses around how we can improve the customer experience.
- Help maintain and create content for our knowledge base and canned response library.
While there will be some flexibility in the timeframes that you work, the ability to establish a predictable schedule – with occasional availability on nights, weekends, & holidays – is a must.
You have something like two to three years of experience working customer success and/or support for B2B and/or B2C SaaS products. During this time you have:
- Developed a love of thinking critically to get the root of issues quickly, and have the skills to clearly communicate resolutions in a friendly and approachable way.
- Leveraged help desk and ticketing software to maximize efficiency, but developed an appreciation for ensuring every level of support feels human.
- Ideally been on the ground floor of a startup. You understand what the journey looks like and have the desire to repeat it.
It’d be cool if you’ve done this.
A clinical background and/or knowledge of the healthcare staffing industry would be amazing. Experience writing and maintaining support content and user guides would be helpful. Lastly, experience helping define operational systems and processes in the world of customer success would help get you to the top of the list.
Kamana is a remote-first team. We leverage software such as Asana, Slack, and Geekbot to collaborate effectively across time zones, and work however we are the happiest and most productive.
You can typically find us in Richmond (VA), Denver (CO), Jacksonville (FL), Rochester (NY), or Omaha (NE). Prior to COVID-times we used to meet up on occasion for face-to-face collaboration, which we’ll plan to resume when the world allows it.
We often work 9 to 5 but appreciate the need for flexibility and trust each other to find a schedule that fits our lives best. On occasion you’ll find us burning the midnight oil. But it’s more because we want to, not because we have to.
Compensation & benefits.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that spans medical, financial, and quality of life benefits. Think medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K with company match, a flexible schedule and paid time off policy, paid vacations, the tools you’ll need to be successful, and the flexibility you’ll need to put your health and family first.
Open to US-based applicants only. Kamana is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.