Researcher – New Products
Researcher – New Products
- SF or NY or Remote US /
- Product /
We’re looking for a researcher to help Figma build for new surfaces and new audiences.
You’ll conduct research collaboratively to help teams frame the problem space. You’ll create frameworks that keep teams aligned throughout the product development journey. And you’ll coach product teams through their continued engagement with Figma users through usability testing and open betas.
You’ll be responsible for helping the team to ship new products quickly and prepare them to learn in the wild. You’ll need to balance this commitment with creating the space to reflect on what’s next (and what’s next after that). This role will be directly responsible for framing and resolving impactful, strategic questions about adjacent product areas to pursue.
Figma is an exciting place to do research, because the teams have made it a priority to have a direct dialogue with their user communities from the very beginning. This strong, human-centered foundation is a great opportunity for researchers that want to experiment in their craft.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll do
- Synthesize existing knowledge from across the organization into knowns and unknowns
- Identify the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap
- Lead research projects from start to finish
- Use creative research approaches with the appropriate level of rigor for the need
- Deliver actionable findings and recommendations
- Develop organizational shared knowledge by helping the organization see connections across research studies
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to prioritize opportunities and evaluate progress against goals
- Evangelize and educate on behalf of the research function
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years conducting user experience research in a fast-paced product development environment
- Experience taking product ideas from inception to launch
- Experience conducting research of many different types, depending on the research question, and the ability to deeply understand trade-offs between methods
- A strong portfolio of research deliverables (e.g. workshops, slides, reports, posters) with an emphasis on great visuals
- Thoughtful approaches to collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders
- The ability to reflect and improve on your skills and approaches over time
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.