VP Talent Sustainability, Diversity and Inclusion
Armstrong World Industries IncFull time
VP Talent Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion Job
- Location: Remote, Remote, US
- Job: Human Resources
- Primary location: Lancaster , Pennsylvania – NOTE: Position may also be remote
- Relocation offered: Yes
- Employment status: Full-Time
- Travel: 20%
- Location: Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
- As our VP Talent Sustainability, Diversity, and Inclusion, you will be responsible for the development and execution of programs and processes in support of the company’s Talent Sustainability (People Pillar) goals.
- AWI is developing and deploying a Sustainability Program as a strategic enabler; integrated, enterprise-wide.
- 10-year horizon goals have been set in 2020 in three Pillars of Focus: Product, Plant, and People. At a high level, People Pillar goals are about safe, healthy, and fulfilled employees; a diverse workforce and inclusive culture; and active engagement in all communities where we operate.
Note: Up to 20% travel may be required
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
- Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas.
- With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
- At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
- For more than 150 years, we have built our business with no trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
- We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
- It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future.
- We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and execute programs and processes designed to drive achievement of the 2030 People Pillar goals
- Include specific objectives for 2021, 2022, 2023 on path to achieving 2030 goals
- Lead People Pillar team
- Cultivate and maintain a culture that leads to safe, healthy, fulfilled employees by paying equitably and promoting work-life balance, safety, growth, development, and engagement
- Develop an inclusive culture and diverse workforce at all levels by selecting a purposeful candidate set, and engaging and retaining talent after hire
- Actively engage in communities where we operate to make them vibrant places to live and work by strengthening and supporting local programs and fostering impactful relationships
- Define metrics and methods to measure progress on Key Performance Indicators
- Analyze and present talent demographics, monitor data trends, and provide insights from data collected to advise action
- Build and maintain dashboards, recommend new metrics as appropriate, and report regularly to CEO and staff; participate in briefings for Board of Directors.
- Create cohesive and business-focused Diversity and Inclusion strategy and operationalize it into a concrete workplan
- Participate in HR Leadership Team, looking for synergies between Talent Sustainability work and other HR functions.
- Engage and network with other D&I professionals to learn, lead and partner on matters of diversity and inclusion
- Strategically align with outside organizations to help augment our strategy and create ground-breaking thought-leadership
- Collaborate with leaders and staff in HR – Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Total Rewards to integrate and embed D&I strategies and tactics in people and talent programs and practices; identify synergies and opportunities to embed practices to drive D&I into existing processes
- Identify and collaboratively execute inclusion and diversity-learning programs that have enterprise-wide application with focus on achieving measurable long-term behavior change
- Ensure that D&I initiatives align fully with EEO laws and regulations
- Collaborate with Director Sustainability to tell AWI story in Sustainability report
- Collaborate with Director Corp Communications to design and execute communications to all stakeholder groups – employees, communities
Act as internal consultant:
- Collaborate with business leaders to strategically integrate and operationalize diversity and inclusion initiatives within business strategies
- Influence others to achieve solutions to meet AWI’s objectives, and be proactive in providing solutions, resolving issues, and overcoming hurdles to results
- Recognize and respond to regional and local needs by providing tailored strategies and solutions
- Coach HR, leaders, and employees on approaches for improving inclusive behavior, and develop needed interventions
- Support efforts to recruit diverse talent by identifying resources, networks, organizations, and process elements to achieve greater access to diverse talent
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team to build diversity recruiting competence among hiring manager
- Consult with recruiting teams and business leaders on how to engage with and leverage relevant diversity organizations that can serve as pipelines of diverse talent
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of experience in human resources, diversity, and inclusion or related
- Strong working knowledge of anti-discrimination employment law, EEO, affirmative action
- Passion for D&I work; demonstrated awareness of all facets of diversity, including cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, ability, etc.
- Ability to effectively build trusted partnerships, create & maintain credibility, and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, including experience in working with raw data to create actionable insights
- Proven ability to deliver strategic counsel that integrates D&I work with business goals
- Experience in leading break-through change in a complex, matrixed environment
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with core diversity and inclusion concepts and practices as well as strong capability in organizational change
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, awareness of and commitment to contemporary issues of inclusion, social justice, diversity, access, and equity
- Expertise in cultural competence and diversity/inclusion strategies; excellent presentation, coaching, training, facilitation, problem-solving and conflict-management skills
- Ability to influence decision-making throughout the organization
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation statement: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.