Online Community Manager
Title: Online Community Manager
- Location: US National
Founded in 2015, Automox is on a mission to automate and reduce the pain that comes with securing and managing endpoints within the modern enterprise. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware and applications that need to be maintained updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem.
At Automox we value an entrepreneurial mindset. With our customers always top of mind, teams are empowered to make decisions quickly and consistently be adding small incremental value. Is it going to be perfect every time? Probably not. But with the freedom to try and fail we believe greatness will happen sooner than if we waited for perfection.
As the world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring a talented and diverse workforce across the US. We are up to something extraordinary and are seeking curious problem solvers, revolutionaries, and challengers to the status quo to join our team. If you are tired of traditional corporate work environments that put processes over people, or simply looking to ply your craft in a way that impacts both company and customers in a material way – then Automox might be the right place for you.
Are you empathy-oriented, customer obsessed and have a desire to work in a mission driven company that is disrupting the security industry and growing rapidly?
We want to hear from you! Automox is seeking a full time Community Manager with a technical background to run the daily operations of our online community: community.automox.com
You’ll be responsible for evangelizing and growing the online community, tracking and reporting on metrics, and launching new community initiatives. Collaboration is key in this role, as you’ll be working closely with all areas of the company, from marketing to support & customer success to engineering. You’ll be filling a vital communications role to help customers get the most out of Automox whether they’re using it for the first time or are an experienced power user. You’re comfortable with technical topics and can hold your own in a debate about the relative merits of Mac vs PC vs Linux. You like to learn new things and are willing to become a subject matter expert on the Automox product. Most important of all, you enjoy participating in online discussions, sharing knowledge & memes and having fun!
In your application, please provide links to long form content that you’ve written, online communities you’ve managed and any public speaking event recordings.
THE FUN STUFF
- Be a passionate advocate for customers
- Own the Automox community day-to-day operations
- Evangelize the community internally and externally
- Provide customer feedback and feature requests to the product team
- Create community content such as interviews, blog posts and feature previewsTrain customers and employees in using the community
- Participate in Automox webinars and other events
- Represent Automox on 3rd party online communities such as Spiceworks and RedditWork for an experienced senior community manager who can provide mentorship and help you grow your skills
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years of community management experience, particularly in a B2B environment
- Familiarity with the Discourse community platform a plus
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- IT, support, or other technical background preferred
- Must thrive operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude that allows you to work effectively with product management, engineering, sales/marketing, and other product team members globally
- Security experience a plus but not required
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
- Remote: Home office in the US
This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to own and put your name on something truly special. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.