Translation Team Lead
Great MindsFull time
- Washington DC, United States or Remote
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world-class curricula for PK-12, seeks a Translation Team Lead to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math®, and PhD Science®, all give schoolteachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Although Great Minds is based in Washington, D.C., this position can be performed remotely.
The Translation Team Manager for Spanish Translation is responsible for the development and delivery of high-quality Spanish language instructional materials at Great Minds. The TTM oversees the work of the Translation Team, and ensures that all translation projects done internally and with vendor support meet Great Mind’s quality standards.
Reporting to the Manager of Supplier Services, Delivery and Translation, this role’s specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the day-to-day coordination and communications for all translation projects including work conducted by outside vendors and contractors
- Evaluate translation project requests and determine whether projects can be completed in-house with existing resources or need to be sent to an LSP (Language Service Provider)
- Allocate resources to projects and plan schedules
- Manage both the coordination and editorial sides of translation projects
- Establish and maintain a strong, professional working relationship with vendor representatives and freelance contractors
- Assist vendor and freelancers in troubleshooting any issues that arise during the translation process
- Work directly with production teams as necessary
- Identify project-specific problems and develop options for potential solutions
- Ensure project templates and project-specific checklists are complete, accurate, timely and understandable, and updated as needed
- Contribute to the development of improved workflow and processes
- Help train new and existing employees on current and future initiatives, workflows, and technologies.
- Attend project planning and status meetings
- Meet with Great Minds Content teams to get information on products and expectations prior to translation project kickoff
- Maintain skills and familiarity with the most current edition of MS Word, Adobe Creative, SharePoint, and other relevant management/tracking and document management programs.
- Experience using Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT) tools (i.e. Wordfast Pro 5, SDL Trados) to leverage translation memories and generate efficiencies across company projects.
- Use SharePoint and other document management sites for appropriate projects.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner to resolve questions and to ensure that errors are properly corrected.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Spanish, Elementary or Secondary Education, Linguistics and/or Translation with a concentration in Spanish preferred
- Ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish fluently
- Exceptional Spanish-language editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with translation of documents and/or proofing of translated documents in Spanish
- Spanish, Mathematics, or language arts curriculum background as a teacher or writer is a plus
- Minimum five years’ professional experience is required
- Minimum two years’ proofreading experience is a must
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in copyediting, proofreading, and formatting in both English and Spanish
- Expert knowledge of and experience with CMOS style guidelines
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InCopy and InDesign), project management/tracking programs, and SharePoint or other document management programs
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.