Bilingual – Bicultural Adult Health Educator Consultant
Parkinson's Disease Foundation - PDFFull time
Bilingual/Bicultural Adult Health Educator Consultant
- Reports to: Senior Director, Community Engagement
- Position Status: Temporary Contract (6 months), Grant-funded position; 15hours/week
- Location: Telecommute
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
The Bilingual/Bicultural Adult Health Educator Consultant (“Health Educator”) is charged with creating and implementing a series of three (3) culturally-competent, Spanish-language online learning modules for continuing education of Parkinson’s Foundation-trained promotores (lay health educators from Hispanic/Latino communities).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the development and implementation of three (3) Spanish-language online learning modules for promotores, including:
- Development of culturally appropriate health education course content and execution plan based on the needs of the community.
- Coordination of presenters.
- Facilitation of courses, if needed.
- Creation of evaluation and assessment plan
- Develop, recommend supporting materials.
- Present information effectively to diverse audiences.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills
- Strong understanding of health literacy and adult learning
- Ability to bring together diverse perspectives into a harmonized vision
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to convert a community’s needs into comprehensive educational programs.
- Knowledge of patient engagement in health care and research preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in either health education or health promotion required. Advanced degree in related field preferred (health education/promotion, public health, social justice, community organizing, etc.)
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Certification from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (CHES) preferred.
- Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.