Senior Director, Inclusion and Diversity
Cengage LearningFull time
Senior Director, Inclusion & Diversity
- Job Locations: US-Anywhere
- Requisition ID: 2020-8948
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You’ll Do Here
Our Senior Director, Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) is a new role for Cengage and will work across the business to help develop, lead and evolve a multi-year, cross-functional project plan to embed our I&D values into all aspects of our work. The role has an overarching purpose to help evolve our culture so that we;
- Enable, support, and incentivize our employees to drive individual impact on I&D topics
- Increase the diversity and representation of our workforce population, including how Cengage employees are recruited, hired, developed and provided with promotion/advancement opportunities
- Drive more inclusive and diverse perspectives through the products, materials and solutions we provide to our customers.
Are you a trailblazing (creative, agile, self-starter) professional? We are seeking someone with the skill, passion and experience to build and implement I&D programming across a large, matrixed organization. The role will report to Cengage’s CEO, and work in close partnership with Cengage’s EVP & General Counsel.
- Building and executing the plan: In conjunction with an internal I&D Council, develop and lead a detailed strategic roadmap with key partners across Cengage, beginning with a clear first year plan. Map out the strategic workplans, vital resources and associated organizational change required to further embed I&D best practices throughout our employee and customer experiences.
- Maintaining, measuring and supporting the plan: Coordinate and collaborate with I&D working groups and employee cultural ambassadors to advance ongoing initiatives (e.g., Employee Resource Groups, Learning Center of Excellence). Develop critical metrics to assess effectiveness of I&D-related initiatives, training, and communication, relationships and teams. Lead AAP and Diversity Workforce Analytics and resulting action planning. Create and implement tools that support the visibility and clarity of relevant working groups and of the organizational progress toward the I&D vision and goals of Cengage
- Communicating progress: Partner with internal communications, PR, and Marketing to create and manage communication plans to update employees, customers, and other internal/external partners on progress.
- Partnering in evolving and advocating the strategy: Recognize and respond to regional, local and remote employee’s diversity needs, issues and initiatives. Gather feedback from various sources to inform essential changes to deliver the highest impact in embedding I&D within our core culture and operations. Provide consultative support to find opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement. Be a strong voice for I&D internally and in the broader industry community, communicating effectively and regularly with internal and external audiences. Provide support to empower and strengthen our internal communities.
- Cultivating key relationships: Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships across key organizational roles including the Executive Team, HR Leadership Team, Employment Counsel, ERG Sponsors and Co-Chairs, I&D Council members, Product Leadership and employee cultural ambassadors.
Skills You Will Need Here
What It Takes!
- 8-10 years of business experience
- 3-5 years of running matrixed programs, projects, and initiatives (Global / international program management experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required (advanced degree preferred)
- Demonstrable experience and success in advocating for, developing and operationalizing Inclusion, Diversity and Equity programs and initiatives
Cengage is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links.
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. Cengage creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA. Employees reside in nearly 40 countries with sales in more than 125 countries around the world. Visit us at www.cengage.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.