About the role
In this role, you will be a core member of the Clarabridge Speech Engineering team. You will be carefully transcribing audio sourced from a variety of different industries for use in improving our speech recognition models. Attention to detail is a key requirement, as are outstanding clerical and organizational skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Manually transcribing audio recordings in accordance with Clarabridge transcription standards
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of manual transcripts
- Proactively enhancing transcription standards and conventions
- Collaborating with your teammates to resolve issues
This is a work-from-home role.
About the team
The Clarabridge Speech Engineering team is focused on delivering state-of-the-art automated speech transcription capabilities to our customers. We are a highly collaborative and supportive team, using agile practices to accommodate changing priorities and great tools to keep us productive. We make heavy use of video conferencing, Slack, Jira, and other collaboration tools to bring the team together.
You are a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Linguistics, Speech Pathology, or other language-focused degrees
- Strong attention to detail
- Affinity for editing and proofreading
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to type 60+ WPM
- Proficient with Microsoft Word or equivalent
- English is your first language
b the following skills and experiences would be great:
- Experience with software packages like Audacity, WavPad, Anchor, or Hindenburg Journalist
- Experience with transcription aids such as foot pedals
- Legal or Medical transcription experience