Staff Full Stack Engineer
Staff Full Stack Engineer
- FULL TIME
At Cratejoy, we’re using a modern stack to build tools that connect people with their passions. We do that by making world-class user experiences that are beautiful, reliable, and fast.
We take pride in being a product-focused engineering team. As a senior engineer at Cratejoy, you’ll be involved early in the product development process. You’ll collaborate with colleagues from marketing, product, and customer support teams to scope features, keep stakeholders in the loop while you build them, and care deeply about how people use them after release.
As a staff engineer at a fast-growing startup, you’ll craft solutions to hard problems that satisfy many stakeholder needs at once. You’ll champion a scientific approach to product development. That means coming up with hypotheses and testing them with real world data. Most importantly, you’ll elevate the team around you: teaching, training, and mentoring us in your areas of strength, and learning from us in ours.
We are a team of smart, passionate, ambitious people. The work we’re doing helps thousands of people grow their businesses and brings joy to consumers worldwide. Our work is fulfilling because it really matters.
Who We Want to Work With (You)
- Are looking to invest your time, passion, and skill to make a difference that lasts.
- Have a passion for what we do and why we do it, and show up each day ready to elevate the team and our vision.
- Are hungry for knowledge, ready for a challenge, excited to learn new things and tackle big problems.
- Don’t get queasy when change happens. (Change happens a lot around here! It’s one way we stay ahead of issues and setbacks: anticipate them and find ways to adapt and win.)
- Are self-aware, willing to acknowledge what you don’t know (and are ready to improve), and confident in your strengths (and can figure out how those can serve the team and our customers).
- Lean into feedback and coaching (we do– it’s how we grow better, together).
- Are a problem solver who prides yourself in high-value output, rather than checking boxes on a list or burning down the clock.
- Are respectful, generally kind, and enjoyable to be around. We find that assuming good intent makes for a stronger team – and winning as an individual but losing as a team is losing in our eyes.
- Are others-oriented with a desire to win collectively, and win big!
- Design and build new, industry-leading user experiences
- Instrument and keep track of software development initiatives with an eye towards their business objectives
- Work with the team to optimize user interaction
- Architect scalable web applications
- Monitor and improve performance in all areas of the stack
- Be passionate about our team, our users, and the quality of our software
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 4+ years building web applications
- Excellent at cross-functional communication (engineering, product, design, marketing, etc)
- Experience with modern JS
- Experience with back-end web development (we use Python/Flask)
- Some experience with tooling (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply… Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above – and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams – that’s not ok. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.