Senior Manager of Human Resources
National Recreation and Park AssociationFull time
Senior Manager of Human Resources
National Recreation and Park Association
- Salary: $70,000 – $85,000
- Type: Full-time – Experienced
- Sector: Healthcare/Fitness
- Categories: Finance/HR, Operations
- Required Education: 4 Year Degree
- Location: Remote or Ashburn, VA. The hiring manager for this position works both remotely and in person at Ashburn, dependent on specific tasks.
- Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is the leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to building strong, vibrant and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation.
- With more than 60,000 members, NRPA advances this mission by investing in and championing the work of park and recreation professionals and advocates — the catalysts for positive change in service of equity, climate-readiness, and overall health and well-being.
- For more information, visit www.nrpa.org. For digital access to NRPA’s flagship publication, Parks & Recreation, visit www.parksandrecreation.org.
- NRPA is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Human Resources to join our Operations and Finance department.
- The Senior Manager of Human Resources works to advance NRPA’s mission and vision by planning, managing, and administering day-to-day human resources operations.
- The Senior Manager of Human Resources reports to the Director, Operations and Finance and assists with providing strategic direction in the planning, development, implementation, and management of various talent management policies, programs, and procedures.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Plans, organizes, and manages all human resources activities. Develops, recommends, and implements goals, objectives, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Leads workforce planning and recruitment and selection activities; talent development (training programs and professional development); and employee relations (performance management, employee retention, culture practices).
- Serves as a champion of NRPA’s culture and values; aligns HR practices, and communications with NRPA’s organizational culture.
- Develops and ensures all policies, programs, and practices promote diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Administers compensation structure, ensuring compliance with employment laws, NRPA policy, equity practices and values.
- Administers performance management, coaching and career pathway programs including policies, procedures, and reporting and ensures programs are aligned with NRPA’s budget and goals.
- Manages benefits and leave administration to include claims resolution, open enrollment, communication, approving invoices for payment, and annual reevaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness.
- Conducts orientation, maintains and updates HR records, documents standard operating procedures, (SOPS) ensures compliance, and timely reporting with federal and state regulations.
- Develops benchmark metrics based on best practices for various programs and processes and tracks and presents findings for adaptation. Uses metrics, analytics, and dashboards to help support executive decision-making and guide recommendations around employee performance, retention and engagement.
- Evaluates vendors, implements and/or upgrade HR systems and/or modules (applicant tracking, human resources information systems, etc.) to improve efficiencies, processes, tracking and reporting of data and information. Optimizes and advances technologies and streamlines processes to maximize operational efficiencies and capacity to support growth.
- Performs other job-related duties and functions as assigned.
Who May Apply:
This position is open to all qualified applicants.
- NRPA values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are committed to integrating these core values more deeply into all elements of our daily work.
- NRPA is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including black, indigenous and people of color, ethnic minorities, new Americans (immigrants and refugees), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, native people, and veterans.
Discover the Benefits at NRPA!
- To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, FlexTime Schedules, 37.5-hour work-week, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions, and more.
- NRPA also offers a competitive health benefits package, generous PTO program where employees accrue 26 days of paid time per year, parental leave, and retirement and savings benefits.
- NRPA also maintains office space in Washington, D.C. for its D.C.-based staff that is centrally located and convenient to the blue, orange, silver and red subway lines.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field. Certification in human resources or master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated human resources generalist experience working across all HR areas and driving the entire employee lifecycle of HR activities.
- Two (2) years of experience functioning in a HR Manager capacity and/or working in a one-person HR department.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and HR systems. Experience using ADP WorkforceNow preferred.
- People & Culture Knowledge: Advanced knowledge across all key people and culture areas including recruitment, career pathing, performance, learning and employee development, DEI, employee engagement, benefits, compensation and total rewards. A deep understanding of federal, state and local compliance issues, regulations and applicable employment laws impacting employers, employees and the workplace.
- A strong commitment to quality and staying up to date on emerging trends and best practices in the field.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills with the ability to work with a high-level of confidentiality.
- Must have high initiative, integrity, strong work ethic, and analytical skills
- Strategic Vision: Is able to see the “big,” long-range picture and put plans into place to realize this vision.
- Results & Impact focus: Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and highly motivated to consistently produce high quality work and achieve desired outcomes and results.
Candidate Work Style
- Excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and detail-oriented with a collaborative and professional team spirit to contribute to a collegial, team-oriented environment
- Willing to travel up to 15 days per year outside of the Washington Metropolitan Area or your remote work location. Remote workers must visit NRPA Headquarters periodically including attendance at the NRPA annual conference.
- Telecommuting is allowed.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.