Administrative Assistant and Business Manager
Title: The World’s Most Organized Administrative Assistant & Business Manager (Remote)
- Location: Chicago, IL or Remote
I am looking for an administrative assistant who will help me be more productive, allow me to focus on high-level project objectives by covering the day-to-day tasks, and assist me in running a leading User Experience consultancy. To make this relationship a success, you must be a quick learner and hard worker, possess world-class organization skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
Because I will give you tasks with fewer details than I should, I will need you to be able to work independently and with little instruction. I will probably frustrate you at times, but I promise you a rewarding, fast-paced, well-compensated, and high growth career.
Are you still reading? Awesome! I will need you to take tasks and projects off my plate I can be bad at delegating, though I really need it. Sometimes I have a hard time letting go of important tasks. However, once I let go, I let go!
Versatility is key. The work will include a wide variety of tasks, such as: documenting and organizing various business processes, doing research, proofreading, record-keeping, note-taking during meetings (internally and with clients), interviewing, scheduling, organizing business logistics, etc.
I am looking for a right-hand someone who can make my life easier and take off some of the load. Your first project will be to shadow me, understand my workflow, and review the projects and tasks in my pipeline. Then, you will help me optimize it. We will also be repeating this exercise for reviewing, documenting, and optimizing many of our business processes throughout the company from production to sales.
You are a master of everything you try because you don t give up, you re resourceful, and you re an excellent problem solver. Most importantly, you are motivated and passionate about getting every project done with excellence and giving it your 110%. I can always depend on you.
English is not my first language, so I am looking for someone with excellent writing and communication skills. Tech savviness is important, too. I need somebody who is extremely comfortable with learning new technology, applications, and processes quickly.
I must click well with whoever I find, so a bit about me: I work a lot and take pride in delivering world-class results to my clients. I consult some of the world s largest brands and that can be challenging at times, but I love it! I m an author, speaker, consultant I love what I do, but I hope that with your help I can work a little less.
You can learn more about me from my website: https://www.uxmaster.com/ and my company: https://www.intechnic.com/
Some of the responsibilities/tasks include:
- Executive and administrative support to the CEO, including scheduling of meetings/calendar management, planning, managing communications with clients and vendors, staying on top of and assisting with miscellaneous functions of running the business.
- Screening and answering inbound communications (e-mail and calls): requests from potential customers, handling existing customer requests, resolving questions with customers and vendors, and/or forwarding them to the right team members and seeing them through.
- Pre-screening and processing incoming leads and requests from potential customers, conducting additional research, setting up consultation calls, follow-ups, managing referrals to partners, seeing that every incoming request is properly processed (no lead gen).
- Proofreading and editing various articles (published online) and reports (deliverables to clients) in various formats, including MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Assistance with setting up and conducting client workshops: from setting up sessions and meeting invites, to taking notes, and synthesizing findings.
- Conducting research and analysis of findings: market research, competitor research, customer interviews, etc.
- Reviewing of user testing recordings and annotating their findings.
- The organization, upkeep, and maintenance of company-wide electronic assets: templates, playbooks, libraries, etc. Maintaining and improving the existing system of electronic files and records.
- Compiling and processing of various reports.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks on an as-needed basis.
(please check that ALL apply to you as you will be properly vetted and tested on the following):
- Located anywhere in the mainland United States & legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis.
- 5+ years of prior experience as an administrator and/or an executive / administrative assistant in a remote setting. Background as a researcher/writer is plus.
- VERY strong organizational skills and IMPECCABLE attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Flawless command of English).
- Exceptional proofreading and editing skills (spelling, grammar, sentence structure, focus on simplicity and clarity)
- Proven ability to resolve customer service and administrative issues.
- Keen problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to demonstrate solid logic behind solutions.
- Must be very polished and professional.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Must be fully committed and take full ownership of every project and see it through.
Prior Experience Preferred:
- Working for a tech company or in a role with an in-depth understanding of technology.
- Experience with Hubspot, ClickUp, Trello, and/or comparable CRM / Project Management / Task Management tools.
- Working with large (Fortunate 500) accounts and understanding corporate culture and structure.
- Liberal arts education.
- Experience in conducting research (both quantitative and qualitative).
Why Should You Work @ Intechnic?
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- You can work from the safety and the convenience of your home as this position is 100% remote (you can be located anywhere in the United States)
- You will work directly with a reasonably demanding, thought leader in the space who prefers clear communications and no-nonsense approach to working with others.
- Opportunities to learn and receive ongoing training and incentives for professional growth.
- Great support from the management.
How to Apply:
In addition to your application please also send your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the following format:
In the subject line, please write, ” from < your city & state> interested in Administrative Assistant position
In the body of the message, please write a 15-sentence email including:
- Two sentence opening salutation that says: “Hi there! I m from .
- Paragraph #1: Reason(s) why you think this job is a good fit for you, including your experience as a remote assistant (please include the number of years) and what type of tasks you were responsible for handling. (black font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #2: Tell us about a previous experience of supporting an executive in a remote capacity. How did you increase their productivity and what did you take off their plate? (red font, bold, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #3: Tell us about a procedure that you created or a process you streamlined that helped increase efficiency in the workplace. (blue font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- Paragraph #4: Explain if you are/are not currently working (if you are working please indicate if you plan to leave your position for this one), where you see yourself in three years and what contributions you can bring to this role. (black font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
- One sentence closing providing the following: a closing salutation including your name, email address, phone number, and the link to your LinkedIn profile.
Powered by JazzHR
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.