Director of Data Protection
Director of Data Protection
- United States
- Full Time
- Togo Group
Who is Togo Group:
Togo Group is creating the leading technology platform for road-based travel and outdoor tourism. For consumers, Togo Group brings together products and services that empower travelers to more easily own and maintain recreational vehicles as well as more easily discover, book, and navigate road trips.
We are looking for a talented Director of Data Protection to join our team!
The Director of Data Protection is responsible for ensuring that the company maintains external personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws. The role works with all levels within the organization to make recommendations and changes to protect external personal data.
Where You’re Located:
Candidates for this role will be based in the United States and can work remotely or in our Chicago or Cincinnati offices.
- Champion the Togo Group culture, leading by example and delivering through the lens of our “Rules of the Road”.
- Elevate awareness within the organization about compliance requirements and train internal staff involved in data processing activities and operations
- Report any failures or findings to comply with applicable data protection rules to senior leaders
- Monitor changes to state, federal and international privacy laws and make any recommendations or changes where appropriate
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison for external customer security
- Inform and advise management and employees of their obligations under data protection law
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues proactively
- Monitor performance and provide advice on the impact of external data protection efforts
- Communicate with data subjects to inform them about how their data is being used, and the measures being put in place to protect their personal information
- Work with the internal team in the review of projects and related data to ensure compliance with local data privacy laws
- Manage internal policies and ensure the organization is following them through
- Set standards and review policies and procedures for external data security
- Identify and evaluate Togo Group’s data processing activities; give advice and recommendations to the organization about the interpretation or application of the data protection rules
- Stay up to date on any technology changes within the platforms
- Present recommendations or processes involving data security to the Board of Directors
What You’ve Done Before:
- 5 years experience with a compliance, audit, legal, or risk function with recent experience in privacy compliance
- 2 years experience with GDPR and working knowledge of CCPA
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Ability to use independent judgement and discretion when making decisions in a fast paced environment
- Certification in data protection or privacy such as; CIPP, CIPT, ISEB
- Ability to communicate and interact with team members in all organization levels
- Knowledge of information technology and data management systems
- Experience in data protection and legal compliance
- Strong communication, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, exercise leadership, and influence change
- Managements skills; ability to manage time, prioritise tasks, and handle multiple deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
Why you should join our pack:
- Flexible Workplace: While our headquarters are in Cincinnati and Chicago, our team lives across the globe. We partner with our team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping our employees to define their own blend of work-life balance.
- Office Perks: Employees that work out of one of our main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches and happy hour benefits.
- Unlimited Vacation & Extensive Holiday Schedule: We believe this is a partnership and we trust our employees to build their own time-off schedule and encourage our teams to take time for their well-being.
- Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our employees work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. We encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product.
- Growth Opportunity: Through hand-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
- Focus on Well-Being: We pride ourselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HRA), dental, vision, life & disability insurance and accident insurance. We also offer a 401k program and paid parental leave.
The Togo Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and high-performing workplace culture. We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.