TrueCare24Contract accounting GAAP quickbooks
TrueCare24 is seeking a hands-on Accounting Controller
TrueCare24.com is a platform that connects healthcare professionals and caregivers. We are changing the future of how care/healthcare services are bought and delivered. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have a globally distributed team of highly skilled and highly committed professionals all over the United States.
As an Accounting Controller, you will be fundamental to TrueCare24's success. You are intellectually curious and excited at the opportunity to drive the company forward by tackling the most critical challenges. You live for process improvement. You believe in the importance of accurate reporting, and you can spot mistakes a mile away. You love wearing multiple hats, and “multitasking” is in your blood. You speak the language of business and know the GAAP inside and out. You are a confident people manager who is not afraid to get his/her hands dirty. You see the big picture, but always pay attention to the details. You are responsive and responsible.
This is a unique opportunity for a hungry, driven self-starter to lead and define the future of Fin Ops function. You will own accounting and payroll. You will own reporting, and you must be comfortable presenting financial results to our senior leadership team. You will be responsible for process improvement and GAAP compliance. You will manage a capable team of 4-5 in need of an empathetic and confident leader while remaining a hands-on doer.
Please note that this is a remote, contract (1099) position with the potential to become a full-time W2 position in the future. This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Accounting Manager to step up. Please note that this is a hands-on, contract position with the target comp around $80k-$90k per year.
- 7+ years of total accounting experience
- 5+ years of accounting management experience
- In-depth knowledge of the GAAP
- Advanced MS Excel, MS Word, and Google Suite skills
- Mastery of accounting and payroll software (Quickbooks, Zenefits, ADP preferred)
- Ability to own GL, A/P, A/R, FP&A, payroll, collections, and short-term & long-term planning.
- Ability to explain complex accounting concepts in simple terms
- Ability to produce error-free monthly and ad hoc reporting (improve existing reporting; design, create and proof new reports, such as Churn, Margin, Revenue, Commission, Multi-Year Plan, etc).
- Familiar with capital markets, and defining product segmentation and category position
- Familiar with workforce transition from contractors to badged employees, domestic and global contractors.
- Strong understanding of contracts, and deal-desk situations
- Strong understanding of financial controls and SOX. Experience taking a company public is a plus!
- Ability to lead teams with confidence and conviction
- Ability to define and refine workflow, procedures, and reporting
- Strong analytical and investigative skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and disseminate pertinent information efficiently.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions. Integrity beyond reproach.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong communication and followthrough skills.
- Emotional maturity and ability to manage strong personalities.
- Comfortable working directly with the Founders and C-level executives.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned responsibilities and work product.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting required, MBA preferred.
Important: For this position, you must have a reliable home office setup (a laptop, a cell phone with a strong signal, a reliable high-speed internet connection, and a quiet work area). Your laptop and cell phone should be no more than 2 years old and in good working condition. You should be able to troubleshoot your equipment quickly in case of minor malfunctions.
Customer First - We have a Customer First mindset. (EAC) Engage, Align, and Execute for our Customer & Partner communities.
Bias for Action - We practice high-velocity decision-making, despite encountering ambiguity daily. Act and move forward.
Act Like an Owner - We have a strong ownership mentality. Therefore, we work smart, hard, and long. Every person on the team has the potential to have a large impact.
Always Be Learning - We learn rapidly and eagerly, from different teams within and outside the company. Respectful debate makes our organization stronger. We will make unintentional mistakes. Learn and move forward.
Do the Right Thing. Period. - Empathy, Trust, Candor (ETC). Being empathetic to our Partners, our Customers, and each other helps build trust in our community and fosters successful decision-making.