Field Education Coordinator – Social Work
Walden UniversityFull time
Field Education Coordinator
- Social Work
- Walden University
External Job Description
Walden University is a pioneer in student-centered distance education. An accredited graduate institution with a mission for social change, Walden is dedicated to high academic standards and helping students make a difference in their professions, organizations and communities.
Walden University offers advanced degrees online to professionals whose work impacts others. Degree programs include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration, technology, and engineering. Our challenging programs are designed to help students make a difference in the lives of children, the health of communities, or the success of an organization.
The Academic Program Coordinator is a full-time faculty member who reports to a Program Director and works closely with the relevant School and College academic advising and administrative staffs, and faculty to address a variety of academic and student issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Course instruction, course content development, and other curricular activities as needed
- Managing administrative functions appropriate to their assignments
- Mentor students in the AGACNP program
- Mentor and support AGACNP core, contributing, and clinical faculty
- Collaborate with peer academic coordinators to support all NP specialty programs
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that align with national curriculum guidelines
- Participation in university and school residencies where appropriate to a program
- Engagement in scholarship
- Service on university and school committees and for school initiatives as needed
All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University in online teaching techniques, use of an electronic learning platform, specifics of the policies, procedures and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to teach, socialization into the Walden University culture, assessment of academic integrity of student work, and research supervision of scholarly projects and dissertations.
Faculty Members are assigned a course, which is taught using the Blackboard platform, and are responsible for interacting with students within this platform. Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Although postings to the classroom may be done at any time of day, they must be completed in a timely manner in accordance with the Faculty Handbook or other criteria established by Walden University. As such, Faculty Members are expected to be in the classroom a minimum of 4 days per week and responses to student questions must be posted within 48 hours. Faculty Members are required to verify the accuracy of student postings and submissions and to provide feedback and grades to students through Blackboard.
Walden expects faculty to be reasonably accessible to students. Faculty members are expected to be available to students outside the course discussion board and in addition to providing substantive feedback on assignments and postings. Faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi, instructor information in the classroom, and/or other appropriate documents. The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Some travel could be required (minimally once per quarter)
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Earned doctorate in the relevant discipline and area.
- National certification as an acute care nurse practitioner
- A significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field, including professional publications and conference presentations.
- Three to five years teaching experience at the graduate level as appropriate to the program.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, team participation, and human relation skills.
- Experience with distance learning preferred.
- Ability to mentor and motivate adult learners in a distance-education environment.
- Ability to work with adult learners with variable skill levels, various learning styles as well as diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, possess an earned degree in the discipline being taught, and may be expected to be licensed or license-eligible in order to teach in specific programs. Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications in order to continue to teach at Walden University. Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting , e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary.
- Country Virtual
- State/Province/Region Virtual
- Position Type Staff
- Employment Type Regular
- Job Type Full Time
- Job Category Academics
- Req Number 48952BR
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.