- Location: Remote
Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
As a member of the Accounting team you will play a key role in scaling the finance, accounting, and financial reporting activities of the organization and will be instrumental in establishing policies and processes for both the accounting/finance team and the organization at large.
This role will require comfort with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and the ability to re-prioritize on the fly. This is an amazing opportunity to join a quickly developing team and make an immediate impact to the business. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities.
Continued professional development is a core belief of our team and as a result, you may engage in work that is technically challenging and out of your comfort zone. We feel that solving new and interesting problems accelerates personal and professional growth, encourages open dialogue, and cross-functional collaboration. Our ideal candidate will take on these challenges with an open mind and will find value in helping build the company’s foundation for scale.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare month-end close journal entries including Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Prepaid Expenses and Accruals
- Prepare recurring cash entries and perform other banking related transactions.
- Assist in the preparation and fulfillment of external and internal audit requests and inquiries.
- Maintain various monthly team checklists.
- Perform reconciliation of specified accounts to the general ledger.
- Identify and implement process improvements involving simplification and documentation standardization
- Refine accounting policies & procedures as we scale to ensure GAAP compliance
- Communicate and enforce corporate policies and internal controls
- Special ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other finance-related field
- 1-2 years of experience
- Professional accounting and/or SaaS industry experience is a plus
- High performer in fast-paced work environment
- Experience with Excel required
- Must be able to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- CPA or active CPA candidate a plus
- Experience with Netsuite, Bill.com, Expensify, Adaptive Insights, and/or Salesforce are plusses
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Flexible PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $300, one time, to customize your desk space
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
- Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner
- On-site activities such as Lunch and Learns, Speaker Series, Game Night, and Trivia Night
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you’ll get $1,000 even if you’re not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Expanse is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.