Facility Home Health Coder
Facility Home Health Coder (Full Time)
- Job Locations: US-Virtual/Remote
- Job ID: 2020-1992
- # of Openings: 1
- Category: Medical Coding
- Minimum Hours: Varies
Facility Home Health Coder
Are you interested in joining one of the nation’s leading providers of medical coding services that is experiencing impressive year-over-year growth? Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Here is your opportunity to be part of this exciting team. We are hiring now for remote home health coding specialists full-time, 40 hours per week. This position is benefit eligible.
This position will be responsible for medical coding for one of our larger facility clients. Coder will be responsible for reviewing charts, coding appropriate charges and ensuring high-quality standards are achieved.
- RHIA, RHIT, or CCS required
- Minimum five years inpatient coding experience in a facility setting
- The Inpatient Coder is responsible for assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to patient charts using ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS or any other designated coding classification system in accordance with coding rules and regulations. The coder will abstract required clinical information. This position requires a thorough knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, pharmacology, Medicare’s Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes, and documentation requirements for correct and accurate coding.
- Maintain standard industry productivity rates for Inpatient coding (3 charts/hour)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high-quality standards of 95% or greater
- Proficient in utilizing technology (computer, VPN, MS Office, coding software) to perform responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ICD-10 coding experience and have completed an ICD-10 course
- Must have own PC with Windows 10 Pro and reliable high speed internet service
Must pass candidate assessment test with a minimum score of 85%. This position is a full-time virtual/work from home position.
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.