Title: Independent Contractor – Legal (Remote)
- Location: Remote
- Job Type: Contract
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL and Venice, CA. But as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s chat.
Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
- Assist and advise the Company to ensure its continued growth and compliance;
- Handle various employment and HR matters;
- Draft and negotiate brand and platform deals, as well as vendor contracts;
- Draft, obtain internal consensus on, and post new Additional Terms before new products are shipped;
- Handle cyber security related matters; and
- Obtain and review DPAs.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience: any additional experience welcomed;
- Experience at both large law firm (at least 5 years) and high growth startup at Series B, C, or D level (at least 3 years);
- Specialty and expertise in employment law, specifically for Illinois, California, UK and Australia;
- Familiarity with Communications Decency Act U.S.C.A. 230;
- Specialty in privacy regulations and compliance, including GDPR and US regulations;
- Specialty in drafting marketplace platform terms of service and privacy policies;
- High level of expertise in IP law: copyright; trademark; rights of publicity; rights of privacy; and talent agreements;
- Experience in drafting and negotiating advertising/marketing and promotional agreements;
- Experience working cross-functionally at a startup especially with tech, marketing, and business development teams;
- Excellent drafting and transactional skills;
- Ability to do excellent and thorough work quickly in a constantly changing environment, with the ability to pivot and adjust as needed;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and efficiently;
- Attention to detail; and
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Hourly rate is approximately $150; and
- Term is a minimum of 6 months, 20-30 hours per week, with potential for an indefinite time period.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.