Sr. Engineering Manager of DevOps
Health IQFull time devops kubernetes SDLC
Health IQ is a community of engineers who are passionate about building quality software that rewards the health conscious. Our work environment is collaborative and relaxed, and as a result, we build products that are well-considered and well-architected.
The new Sr. Manager of DevOps will be involved in the automation of build, deploy, and infrastructure across our cloud services, and the introduction of best practices and new tools. The Manager will be a champion for DevOps, bringing consistency in our approach, tools, and standards, and ensuring our DevOps strategy is implemented at every stage of the end-to-end development.
This is a software engineering leader with people and process management skills, and demonstrated success in building scalable cloud infrastructure, for an organization in a highly regulated space such as healthcare, finance, etc. You thrive in an Agile Scrum environment, with an ability to effectively manage and grow the infrastructure and operations. You have a very good understanding of different version controls systems, branching strategies, and have implemented them in the lifecycle of one or more products. You are an expert at automation for cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) from automating machine images (AMIs) to setting up of immutable instances and promoting code from dev to QA to Production.
The role starts with 50% hands-on and 50% management and will grow into increasing management responsibilities as the team grows.
What you will be doing:
- Perform architecture and security reviews, identify gaps and develop remediation plans
- Define, document and maintain a strategic architecture roadmap that includes business, product and technical considerations
- Facilitate and collaborate on long-term projects with an ability to influence and help drive the team to success
- IT compliance and risk management (eg. security, privacy, HIPAA etc.)
- Advanced comprehension of common software and application vulnerabilities, and the ability to make risk-based decisions.
- Managing projects through their lifecycle and effectively engaging cross-functional teams to deliver impactful outcomes.
- Present technical concepts & solutions to internal and external audiences, and upper management Develop and promote best practices for DevSecOps and secure CI/CD.
- Staying up to date on new security tools & techniques, and act as driver of innovation and process maturity.
- Computing cloud cost models, network topology, platform services, and common storage options
Who we're looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, or related technical field, required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of development and DevOps
- 4+ years managing DevOps engineers
- Experience with SDLC and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Hands-on experience with automated deployment of resources, Serverless deployments, Kubernetes clusters, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Solid understanding of service observability and SLAs
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily
- Strong business/relevant industry acumen with the ability to build strong relationships across various levels of the company
- What sets you apart:
- Coding experience
- Ruby on rails
- Salesforce Lightning
- DevOps tools; puppet, chef, terraform, Jenkins, ELK, etc
1. Nutritionally Supportive Environment
Anyone who has tried to stay healthy knows it’s hard to stick to your particular nutritional goals throughout the day with soda, chips, and sugary treats all around you. So we provide our employees with quality food and snack options, like a limitless supply of organic nuts, fruits, and veggies instead.
2. Optional Fitness Time
Instead of the usual ping pong table, we’ve dedicated space for our employees to enjoy yoga, spin bikes, exercise equipment, and other wellness activities. We believe a healthy body is at the core of a healthy mind, so whether it’s time for a walk, using the exercise equipment, or daily meditation, we make it easy.
3. Casual Office Attire
Ever dream of coming to work in your casual fitness attire? Well, that's how we roll at Health IQ! Be comfortable and let your fitness fashion shine!
4. Like-Minded Coworkers
At the end of the day, we are a business-minded insurance company and we use analytics to measure our success and drive our business. Coming to work and working hard however is much more fun when you are surrounded by like-minded people who are motivated by the same personal goals as you. Our employees are making friends that will last a lifetime.
5. Motivate and Compete
Many of our employees are current or former athletes who are competitive and like to win. They motivate each other to do their personal best every day, and together we win as a team and as a company!
6. Excellent benefits
We pay 100% of our employees' costs toward medical, dental and vision insurance.
Are You Ready to Join The Movement?
To learn more visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf