Principal Technical Program Manager
Job Description – Principal Technical Program Manager (20000K3D)
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
We are expanding our Cloud organization based in Downtown Seattle. This entity is constructed with an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes an energetic and creative environment. We are unencumbered and will need your contribution to make it a world-class engineering center with the focus on excellence.
Oracle’s extensive enterprise customer base is looking for rock-solid cloud solutions that provide the same reliability and effectiveness that they have come to expect from Oracle. As a trusted Enterprise vendor, Oracle is in the early stages to provide highly cost-effective, highly performance compute, storage, & PaaS Cloud solutions to its customer base.
We are specifically looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Group in Seattle, under the centralized PMO team (it’s not your standard PMO!). You will be responsible for managing complex, cross-organizational programs that impact both product and business for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- 8+ years’ experience development and implementing enterprise projects
- You display a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically.
- You possess a technology background that enables you to understand the complexities of the sophisticated architecture of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Highly proficient operating in a Linux environment
- Highly technical background strongly desired
- Work well with product managers to establish and maintain our roadmap, setting appropriate expectations and insuring our product and services meet our high operational excellence standards
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending.
- Monitor the project from initiation through delivery.
- Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.