Cybersecurity Product Writer and Editor
New ContextFull time
Cybersecurity Product Writer & Editor (Contract, Part-time, Remote)
- REMOTE /
- R&D/PRODUCT /
New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We specialize in Lean Security: a methodology to consistently apply DevSecOps strategies, leading organizations to build better, safer software through hands-on technical and management consulting. We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information & Application Security.
New Context is looking for an experienced part-time (10-15 hrs/week) contract writer who is knowledgeable in cybersecurity and compliance to author and edit customer-facing product content. This position is part of New Context’s research and product development team and the person’s primary responsibility will NOT be in the development of marketing content.
We foster a tight-knit, highly-supportive environment where there are no stupid questions. Even if you may not know the answer immediately, you’ll have the entire company supporting you via Slack, Zoom, or in-person. We also host a daily, all-company stand-up via Zoom, and a weekly company Retro, so you won’t just be a name on an email.
At New Context, our core values are Humility, Integrity, Quality & Passion! Our employees live these values every single day.
Your first deliverables working with us will be to:
- Review existing content to find duplicate tasks and areas for improvement.
- Reformat existing content into a structured format for a new content management system.
- Prioritize and carry out work to align with the product owner’s vision.
- Check in often and demonstrate output and receive feedback using an iterative process.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable about and experienced working with popular cyber security and compliance framework;
- In possession of in-depth knowledge of compliance frameworks including, but not limited to: NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, ISO 27001;
- Highly efficient in authoring, editing and categorizing written content in English;
- Attentive to details, accuracy and deadlines;
- Able to write in a style which demonstrates technical knowledge while also being easily understandable by persons in management;
- Comfortable supporting data migration from existing formats to new formats that may require manual content entry into forms or creation of structured text data files (HTML, JSON).
Bonus points if you are:
- Experienced working with a software development team that uses Agile development practices.
- Able to decode confusing compliance requirements and restate them in ways which educate managers.
- Experienced with IT security audits and controls
- Able to thrive and provide exemplary work in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter who can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We are passionate about finding ways to attract, develop and retain the talent and unique viewpoints needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, because we believe that this diversity results in conversations which stimulate new and innovative ideas.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.