Professor, School of Business – Finance
Northcentral UniversityFull time
Professor, School of Business: Finance
- School of Business
- Remote, United States
This position requires a doctorate in finance and demonstrated experience in the areas of finance or financial management.
Full-time Professors may teach graduate courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned and/or guide doctoral candidates through doctoral dissertation requirements (as Chair or committee member). This position also provides content expertise for finance specialization. Primary responsibility is to engage students, offer excellent feedback, and inspire students to achieve course and program outcomes relevant to the core discipline. This position works closely with other faculty teaching in the discipline, Associate Director of Faculty Support and Development, Associate Dean and Dean.
The role of Professor may include teaching courses within a programmatic core discipline as assigned, acting as a Dissertation Chair or Committee Member, acting as a content expert for course development, research, participation in shared governance, and service to the university community.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Northcentral’s vision, mission, and goals and those of the School of Business.
- Promotes a graduate culture of scholarship, teaching, service, and practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to and capacity for Teaching through Engagement and using the NCU One-to-One, apprenticeship style teaching model.
- Teaches masters and/or doctoral courses in finance.
- Participates in initial and ongoing training.
- Contributes to developing training materials and provides input on improving training, courses, and processes.
- Participates in trial use of new technologies and integrates new technologies into their teaching.
- Participates in faculty and staff meetings.
- Maintains contact with students via phone, video conferencing, email, and other tools provided for synchronous or asynchronous communication through their courses.
- Works collaboratively with Academic Advisors to ensure student engagement and success.
- Exercises academic freedom in teaching course content and achieving learning outcomes in accordance with University policy, procedures, and curricula.
- Participates in institutional and student learning outcomes assessment procedures, program, department review, and accreditation efforts.
- Performs all educational services in accordance with NCU policies and procedures, the Family Education Rights to Privacy Act, Northcentral University’s Code of Conduct and all other state and federal laws.
- Adheres to policies and requirements defined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Tasks and projects as assigned by the Dean, or NCU administrators.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, copier, phone systems.
- Ability to evaluate information to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact university stakeholders.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend and implement policies and processes to advance continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to process, analyze, and present qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subjects to both internal and external constituents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other application in the Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience
- Doctorate degree in Finance or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- 2 years of field experience in finance or financial management.
- 2 years of direct teaching experience at the Master and/or Doctoral level.
- Curriculum development experience preferred.
- Experience with the online delivery modality of higher education.
- Experience working as a remote employee preferred.
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
NCU will not sponsor applicants for work visas