Director of Product Management, Platform
Sauce LabsFull time
Title: Director of Product Management, Platform
- Location: Remote, USA
In today’s software-centric economy, speed is everything. The pressure to deliver more, faster, falls squarely on development teams. Sauce Labs accelerates software development by removing testing as a bottleneck. Our automated testing cloud ensures that the web and mobile applications people use everyday work flawlessly on any browser or device.
Before Sauce, testing took too long, it was tedious and expensive to maintain, and it took focus off of innovation and shifted it to annoying infrastructure issues. With Sauce, innovators accelerate their software development cycles, improve quality, deploy with confidence and reduce costs. We call that automated testing. But you’ll probably just call it awesome.
Sauce Labs is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to build and lead a group of Product Managers in the expansions of our developer persona value proposition for test. This person will bring a metric-based outcome-oriented approach to product delivery. With a keen understanding that the best products require constant iteration and adjustment, this person will be comfortable establishing executive, customer, and organizational buy-in to the Sauce Labs strategic vision for the developer persona.
In Sauce Labs product we are serious about the servant leadership model. This is a role for a person that wants to roll up the sleeves and make change in the world. The ideal candidate relishes the opportunity to build and nurture a high functioning team that challenges, collaborates and delivers on our strategic vision.
The Sauce Labs platform creates digital confidence through testing. The customer base is comprised of the biggest business names across the Enterprise and SMB landscape as well as a ground-swell of OSS, personal projects, and startups. The ideal candidate is comfortable with enterprise sales settings as well as Growth experimentation.
- Guide a high growth functional area in the Sauce Labs portfolio
- Build and lead a team of Product Managers to deliver on the strategic vision
- Establish OKRs that create a shared sense of purpose and drive for success
- Work cross-organizationally with engineering, sales, customer success, data, finance, and others to deliver customer value
- Connect directly with customers through sales, roadmap, and research presentations
- Represent Sauce Labs publicly at events such as industry conferences and analyst briefings
- Aggressively prioritize work to ensure that the team and organization stay focused.
- Analyze and present product metrics for health, growth, and engagement
- Interpret and contextualize competitive research to best position and guide Sauce Labs
- Work closely with Product Marketing to establish messaging, positioning, and sales material
- Model and own the commercial concerns for the product suite including packaging, pricing, and promotions
- Stay ahead of customer and market changes to ensure a high quality, delightful experience
- Hold thoughtfully strong opinions lightly
- 10+ years of experience in product management
- MBA and/or Engineering degree with SaaS industry experience
- 4+ years in DevOps product or another developer-focused product offering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- A strong understanding of lean agile practices and how to apply them
- Experience driving growth and establishing product-fit from zero
- Thrive on driving value in a highly competitive marketplace
- Comfortable working with multi-location and distributed workforces
- Experience managing OSS packages or products is a plus
- Experience building community and marketplaces is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and test in particular is a plus
- Experience in a multi-year hypergrowth (80%+) environment is a significant plus
Sauce Labs is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.