Teacher – Chemistry
#LearnLiveNow Teacher – Chemistry (Contractor – 3 hours/week)
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better. .
Learning Solutions at K12 is seeking a certified 9-12 Chemistry teacher for the #LearnLiveNow team.
PLEASE NOTE… This position is three hours per week. One hour of live teaching between the hours of 12pm – 4pm EST and two hours of other duties which can be done at any time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
As a #LearnLiveNow Live Teacher you will:
- Create slide decks that correspond to the content in the course
- Host 1 session per week
- Track student attendance in sessions
- Create monthly announcements for each session
- Post session recordings and attendance data, weekly
- Attend monthly team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about working with teachers to encourage student engagement
- Skilled at motivating and engaging students in a synchronous format
- Available at times conducive to students attending live sessions from various time zones
- This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
Certificates and Licenses:
- Candidates are required to have 9-12 Chemistry teacher certification
Other Required Qualifications:
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience using a student information systems (SIS)
- Able to pass Federal background check requirements
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with children
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities