Senior Marketing Copywriter
Title: Senior Marketing Copywriter
- Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
NerdWallet is looking for an energetic Senior Copywriter to join the Brand Studio crew. The ideal candidate will be excited by the left-brain, right-brain nature of this role, which includes: crafting Nerdy copy; building relationships with our friends on the Marketing and Product teams; and ensuring the strategic and consistent use of messaging across a wide variety of channels. You thrive in navigating uncharted territory and establishing relationships with cross-functional partners.
Where you can make an impact:
- Write compelling, clear and strategic copy that drives business results and supports key marketing initiatives while maintaining the NerdWallet voice and vision.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketers, Product Marketers and Product Managers to distill complex features in an engaging, brand-right way.
- Champion the value of consistent messaging to all of our cross-functional partners, and ensure its implementation across the homepage, landing pages, app store, CRM, banner ads and more channels.
- Influence Product Marketing direction and advocate for simplicity and clarity in all communication channels.
- Stay in tune with product updates and ensure that all marketing assets are updated as needed.
- Develop collaborative relationships with Product Marketing managers to craft narratives for new features.
- Digest performance metrics and optimize copy to ensure high performance.
- Help to evolve our brand voice and on-going communication strategies.
- Continue to hone and improve our creative processes and partnerships.
- 5+ years of related marketing copywriter/content strategy experience at an advertising or marketing agency, or in-house creative team.
- A history of proactively building relationships with cross-functional teams, and working together to continuously refine the work.
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Crafting solutions to help organize and document brand-right language at scale.
- A love of storytelling and thinking outside the box to create impactful marketing campaigns and materials.
- A strong interest in personal finance.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources