Technical Account Manager
Bishop FoxFull time vulnerability management client services
Bishop Fox is largest private professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations – helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or factories — we’re right there, advising every bit of the way. Our work ensures that cities can keep their transit systems running, farmers can harvest their crops, private medical information stays private, and smart home devices aren’t eavesdropping on families.
We are continuing to grow and ramp up our Managed Security Services (MSS) efforts and need to bring aboard a Technical Account Manager.
Our Technical Account Manager will act as a trusted advisor to our customers to get the most value out of our continuous attack surface discovery and testing services – while also leveraging a hacker mindset to push the limits of asset discovery and monitoring.
As a Bishop Fox Technical Account Manager, you’ll be partnering with clients to understand and test their security from an attacker’s perspective. That’s where you step in. You have a breadth of technical knowledge and the ability to discuss technical concepts at any level. You can explain and discuss complex ideas with executives, lawyers, and experienced security engineers. If need be, you could even chat about cybersecurity concepts with a shopping mall Santa.
Your communications skills and broad technical perspective will be crucial as you work with clients to define the scope of their project. Day in and day out, you’ll be gathering information, identifying risks, and creating a plan for their security testing.
You’ll spend much of your day researching; learning the client’s business, understanding their attack surface, and the security concerns that relate to it. Here’s where your ability to review software and understand IT architecture, APIs, network protocols and other attackable interfaces will come into play.
This will include being able to deliver on the following tasks:
- Deliver and measure Managed Security Services (MSS) pre-sales activities for new client onboarding and proof of value projects
- Work with Sales and MSS Delivery on defining and reviewing sales qualification criteria
- Deliver MSS sales pitch and demo’s for prospects
- Manage and execute Proof of Value projects for prospects, including defining POV success criteria
- Measure and report on pre-sales activities and progress
- Transition prospects into successful clients including onboarding activities
- Coordinate customer interactions
- Prioritize testing activities based on customer needs
- Provide ongoing account management support for existing clients
- Collaborate with sales to identify upsell and cross sell opportunities and support renewal process
- Conduct ongoing status update meetings with clients providing updates, responding to questions, and driving key project deliverables
- Measure and report on client account activities and progress
- Work closely with Customer Success and Sales teams to delivery quarterly business reviews, annual reviews, and proof of value (PoV) out-briefings
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a-kind environment. For the right candidate, it will feel like a second home.
In addition to the above, the following is a list of skills and traits that describe you. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak with you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS or related field preferred
- Information security and cybersecurity industry experience preferred
- Sales, Sales Engineering, or Customer Success experience preferred
- Client services industry experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses knowledge of modern approaches to asset and vulnerability management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide client-facing status updates and communications
- Excellent understanding of our clients’ business needs with the ability to identify new business opportunities within the account
- Demonstrates strong judgment in decision making that positively impacts projects and Bishop Fox
- Team player mentality with the ability to work as a self-motivated individual contributor
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent time management skills and focus
- Strong creative thinking skills
- Focus on innovation, with a desire to stay on top of security industry trends
- Excellent understanding of our clients’ needs to ensure we provide useful insight
- Uncanny attention to detail
- Research skills that a grad student would envy
- A strong sense of urgency – you don’t let things slip
- Awareness of the latest technology trends
US-based candidates are welcome to apply.
Interested? Apply today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.