Senior Corporate Legal Counsel
Title: Senior Corporate Legal Counsel
Location: Boston, Massachusetts; or North America Remote
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
We will consider remote candidates in North America.
Talend is seeking a bright, energetic, business-minded and self-motivated attorney with 4+ years of commercial contracts experience gained at a law firm and/or in-house at a technology or internet company to join its legal team.
The Corporate Counsel will be a member of Talend’s Commercial Team, and work on a broad array of legal issues in close collaboration with Talend’s various internal teams and external clients, including sales, channels, partners, product, business development, finance, and IT. In this position, the successful candidate will interface with members of the company’s business teams to manage a variety of legal matters. This is a key hire for Talend and a very visible role, as you will be directly impacting our sales team and company’s performance.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including standard customer sales agreements, master services, license, confidentiality and other operational and commercial agreements
- Leading or assisting the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures
- Providing advice and counsel to the business team leaders on all legal matters affecting the candidate’s areas of coverage, in consultation with other members of the Legal team and outside counsel, as necessary
- Proactively establish relationships with internal clients to support key strategic initiatives and improve how legal services are provided throughout the Talend group of companies
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the products and objectives of those operations
- Conduct periodic employee trainings on relevant matters
- Provide substantive support for the rest of the legal team on an as-needed basis
- JD from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association, and 4+ years of relevant technology transactions experience, with a focus on drafting and negotiating licensing and technology transaction agreements and related professional services contracts.
- Must be licensed to practice law in any state
- Be passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic growth company in a cutting-edge sector
- Be extremely bright with the ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management, and external clients
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise and commercial advice and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs.
- Be a strong and astute negotiator with impeccable judgment
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the global legal team and with internal and external clients
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big or too small) and collaborate cross-functionally
- Be able to manage multiples workloads, client demands and shifting priorities simultaneously within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment