Private Equity – Alternative Asset Coach
MLT - Management Leadership for TomorrowFull time
Title: Private Equity, Alternative Asset Coach
- Location: US National
MLT is seeking a part-time career coach to provide advice and guidance to underrepresented minorities pursuing careers in Private Equity / Alternative Asset Management. Over the past 15 years, MLT has provided economic mobility, career acceleration and leadership development for over 7,000 minority young people. Each year MLT works with a new group of over 1,000 individuals nationwide. MLT has had great success helping individuals succeed in professional services, including top investment banks and consulting firms, and is launching an initiative specifically focused on Private Equity and Alternative Asset Management (Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Venture Capital).
The Private Equity Coach will support MLT Fellows pursuing careers in Alternative Asset Management, initially focused on a cohort of undergraduates and early career professionals who have accepted entry-level roles in investment banks and consulting firms. Through periodic one-on-one coaching sessions, the Coach will provide personalized guidance to Fellows on “the bar” for succeeding in Private Equity, what each individual must do to meet or exceed the bar and how to succeed in the PE recruiting process. The Coach will be a key part of advising Fellows to ensure mastery of structured curriculum (including LBO modeling curriculum) as well as leveraging relationships with PE professionals and recruiters. In addition to providing guidance to MLT Fellows, the Coach will help shape program content and curriculum by providing feedback and advice to MLT’s Alternative Asset program team.
The ideal candidate has current or past experience in Private Equity and successfully navigated the entry-level / Private Equity Associate recruiting process. The person should be an excellent relationship-builder, have a strong sense of empathy and enjoy coaching / mentoring ambitious young people.
This role is a part-time position with a freelance/contract option and remote work arrangements. Most of the coaching will be done virtually (via phone, Skype, etc) and on a schedule that works for the Coach and the Fellows.
- Lead a series of one-on-one (and some group) coach calls with Fellows to help them prepare for and succeed in the Private Equity recruiting process
- Advise Alternative Asset program team on content, curriculum and/or other programmatic needs
- Occasionally collaborate on curriculum development and/or delivery
- Experience working as an investor in Private Equity
- Successfully navigated the entry-level / Associate recruiting process in Private Equity and/or was hiring manager or led recruiting process for prospective Associates
- Passion for and experience mentoring / coaching young people pursuing Private Equity