Life Science Product Specialist
Life Science Product Specialist (Part Time & Remote)
- MARKETPLACE OPERATIONS
Quartzy is seeking a part-time Life Science Product Specialist to assist with our rapidly growing Marketplace Operations. For thousands of research labs, Quartzy’s Marketplace is the go-to source for reagents, consumables, and more from over 1,800 leading life science brands. As we rapidly expand our product portfolio, we need curious, data-minded scientists to help us provide the best experience to our customers! This is a great opportunity to transfer your science expertise from the bench to a business setting while continuing to help the scientific community.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a scientist by training and a businessperson at heart. While you’ve spent time in the lab and are very familiar with what is required to make it run, you are looking for a way to utilize your skillset(multi-tasking, organization, focus) away from the bench. As all good scientists are, you’re very curious – if data is looking wonky or you’re not sure how something works, you’re motivated to ask questions and figure out why. Above all else, you are extremely detail-oriented. Quality control is important to you, and you pride yourself on your ability to pick up on the smallest of errors in your own work or others. If you aren’t happy with the status quo in the lab supplies industry, come to Quartzy and help us change it!
This is a part-time and remote position. You can work from anywhere, and are not required to come into the office. Expected hours are approximately 15-20 hrs/week.
What you’ll do
- Evaluate product crossmatch files from Quartzy’s supplier partners and provide detailed feedback on their quality
- Review labs’ order requests to ensure Quartzy is sending them quotes for the products they need
- Help Quartzy’s customers discover new products and answer technical questions about products in Quartzy’s extensive product catalog (>10 million products)
- Work with your team to improve our marketplace processes both internal and external
What we’d like
- A deep knowledge and understanding of the products used by life science researchers, including biologic reagents, chemicals, and consumables
- Quantitative / data-driven mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences
- Prior knowledge of Quartzy and the lab supplies industry is a plus!
What we offer
- The opportunity to transition your science background and knowledge to a business setting
- Potential for growth into a full time role with full benefits
- An inclusive team culture
Does that sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
Quartzy helps 400,000+ scientists worldwide cure diseases faster. We are proud to be the world’s #1 lab management platform. Our software combines inventory management and Amazon-like purchasing, which produces a unique value in the $180B research market. Our customers range from top medical schools to cancer therapeutics companies, and we are humbled every day to be serving them, so they can serve humanity by curing diseases such as diabetes, ALS, Cancer, and COVID-19.