Technical Customer Support Engineer
Snowplow AnalyticsFull time
Technical Customer Support Engineer
- SUPPORT ENGINEERING
Who are we?
Snowplow is a best-in-class data collection platform built for Data Teams. Our Insights offering has grown significantly, and we now orchestrate and monitor the Snowplow event pipeline for nearly 200 customers, many of them processing billions of events per month.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who loves to solve problems. All day. Every day. From the comfort of your own home, or from wherever in the world you want to work. If that’s you, read on.
- Someone who can talk to customers. Even more, you can help customers with complex technical issues, but with buckets of empathy.
- Someone with an analytical mind, who is absolutely unfazed by problems they don’t understand. Our product is technically complex. You’ll be learning every single day.
Who you are:
- You’re calm in a crisis. You’re flexible. You cut through the noise and spot the priorities.
- You’re passionate about programming. Web development and web apps weave their magic for you.
- You understand and love UNIX and Linux.
- You’re clued-in on cloud technologies like AWS and GCP.
- You’re qualified. You probably have a Computer Science or data-related degree, or top marks from a coding boot camp. You have a mature and curious attitude to security, documentation and process. A bit of SQL might help.
- But coding isn’t enough by itself. You’re going to be a great communicator. You’re keen to understand and help customers succeed with our product. You’re innovative and effective. You’re inquiring and keen to learn.
- Most of all, you know that technical support is a place you can exercise your technical chops, and build a career. You’ll get the opportunity to do that at Snowplow. This is a skilled, multidisciplinary and demanding role, supporting a technology stack with multiple external dependencies. Our Support Engineering team is on a critical mission to keep our customers event pipelines running robustly, many of which process billions of events per month, and to help our customers extract the most value from their real-time event data.
- We’re flexible on where you want to work from, but this is 24×7 support, and so we have specific coverage needs to fill. Right now, that means we’re looking for someone who can work these days and time zone: Saturday to Wednesday UTC-4 to UTC-7 (approximate working hours 8am-5pm local)
- If this sounds like you, please get in touch. We know that some of you might be reading this and thinking you need to be 100% qualified to even apply. But we value diversity, and we hire as much for potential as any qualification. If you think you can help solve our challenges, we’ll invest in your training. We can teach almost anything to someone with drive, a strong sense of ownership and a willingness to learn.
A little about Snowplow and the environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive package, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
- Employee Assistance Program with Health Assured which includes 6 therapy sessions per issue.
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- MacBook or Dell laptop
- Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!