Disability Insurance Claims Manager
DI Claims Manager #1441
- Remote USA
- ALL ADDRESSES
- Remote USA
- FUNCTIONAL GROUP
- Job Title
- DI Claims Manager
- Area of Interest
Seeking Disability Income claims professionals.
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
This DI Claims Manager position leads claim evaluation, analysis, and adjudication in compliance with State and Federal laws while providing timely and accurate service to clients. As a subject matter expert, this position takes lead on high profile or complex cases and provides guidance to entry level associates or peers.
- Evaluate and authorize disposition of complex claims will be majority of their work load.
- Analyze and recommend disposition of contestable and complex claims where liability is questionable.
- Initiate and manage claim investigations, and coordinate field and external investigations.
- Consult with and request formal written opinions from Law and Medical/Underwriting departments.
- Make advanced independent decisions using judgement and experience.
- Compose advanced written and oral communication that may be subject to litigation.
- Assist with recoveries from reinsurance carriers.
- Assist with training for new or entry level associates.
- Perform all claims processing support functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 4-7 years Related experience required
We are Ameritas: proud to say we’re in the business of fulfilling life.