Credit Reporting Specialist I
Money SourceFull time
Credit Reporting Specialist I
- Fully Remote • Remote
The Credit Reporting Specialist I is responsible for providing accurate credit reporting data to the major bureaus. This may entail servicing maintenance as it relates to credit reporting. This processor will conduct research as needed relating to credit reporting duties and resolutions to credit inquires. This position is a production role with high quality standards. Handle the less complex items requiring resolutions and working and solving escalations with assistance.
Important Note: This is not a credit lending role. This role entails data review and maintenance for credit reporting purpose for existing mortgage loans. E-Oscar, AUD, ACDV reporting is a requirement for consideration.
Who we are
We are a different kind of company. We speak a different language. We do business in a different way. And we’re on a mission to Grow Happiness. How do we do it? By believing in Pink Unicorns. And executing our daily work in a way that allows our customers to experience joydom. Those are the kinds of things that set us apart from everyone else
What you will do
- Accurately report payment histories to the various credit bureaus.
- Complete research and review pertaining to credit reporting disputes from E-Oscar, internal tasks, and general inquiries regarding credit reporting.
- Collaborate with various lines of business to ensure proper credit reporting based on loan status and based on varied functions including but not limited to: Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Loss Mitigations, Repayment Plans.
- Work various reports to ensure proper credit reporting and identify accounts requiring additional research.
- Conduct system maintenance as deemed by various lines of business to ensure the proper outcomes in credit reporting.
- Research payment histories and credit inquires received from various lines of business, complaints, customer service, collections, clients and vendors.
- Ensure proper credit reporting and/or statuses, codes, and parameters are followed for service transfer loans.
- Review multiple daily exception reports and control reports to determine required action needed to resolve.
- Works daily queues and completes various requests within regulated timelines to ensure adherence to compliance guidelines.
- Cross training is required for support with resource capacity as needed.
- Partake in assignments for new initiatives and projects to enhance Credit processes.
- Assist in developing job aides and procedural updates as needed.
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed
- 1 year credit reporting experience in a mortgage servicing company on MSP or banking environment required.
- Ability to accurately use and enter data under time constraints required.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Provide superior customer service and work well with all internal and external customers.
- Capable of adapting to changing situations as well as the ability to show strong initiative and use good judgement to make sound decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and mange time effectively to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to problem solve and research issues when needed in an organized and detail orientated manner.
- Flexibility with scheduling on a day to day basis.
Required Computer and Software Competencies:
- Basic computer literacy
- Strong data trending
- Microsoft Office
- MSP Experience preferred
- MSP Experience within the Cash Workstation highly preferred
- High School Diploma