Rutgers UniversityFull time
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking Music Transcribers for Rutgers Access and Disability Resources. The position will review printed sheet music and convert them into digitally written music (MusicXML) files. Our office will be using these files to create printed braille music for an individual who is blind, studying piano concert performance.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Converts Printed Music into digital music files.
- Reviews the accuracy of digital music files.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to creating accessible documents if needed.
Position Status: Part-Time
Hours Per Week: 19.99
Position Salary: $18.00/hr
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Temporary Staff Appointment – Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Requires experience reading and writing sheet music, with a preference for Piano music; Must be able to read and write sheet music into a digital format.
- Preference will be given to those with experience working with Piano music.
- A background in a classical piano is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge using software such as Finale or Sibelius to create digitally written music.
- All software will be provided, along with training. This role will be utilizing a software suite called Dancing Dots to create digitally written music.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position will be working remotely. All software will be provided, but the candidate must have a reliable computer.
Location Details: This position is fully remote.